Wilderness Athlete 28 day Challenge

Steel4sam

FNG
So in the interest of providing a realistic review I decided to chronicle my 28 day challenge here. I will continue to share updates.

Backstory: I'm an athletic but fat 33 yr old. 6'1" 280 ish pounds depending on the day. I've always been annoyed with my weight but it has never held me back. I am able to continue to hunt/fish/hike hard. That said I am sure it would be easier with less weight... this fall a friend and I hunted Idaho's general whitetail season. My buddy is a freak and I worked hard to keep up ultimately I felt like I was keeping up no problem...until I saw what he what he could actually do without me holding him back. First off I was impressed with him, then I became reflective. With that on my mind I also tried to consider how many "fat guys" I knew over 65 years old, it hit me hard when I couldn't name one. This brings me to my why. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and another child due in the next couple weeks. I desperately want to be here for them as long as possible, I also want to set a good example for them.

I chose the Wilderness Athlete products based on some reviews from friends and the support provided with the 28 day challenge.

Here is what you get with the 28 day Challenge ( I will also include my first impression with each)

28 Day Challenge Journal - This is an easy to read and follow journal. It has shopping lists, daily food and activity checklists/tracker etc...I have been utilizing this book and am glad to have the organizational accountability it provides.

2 Tubs- Meal Replacement and Recovery Shake- I drink one shake at breakfast each day. It taste good and dissolves well with just water. Between it and the other supplements I can easily make it to lunch with an apple as a snack between the two.
1 Tub- Energy and Focus- I drink a "superman" each morning and am loving it. I have the tropical fruit flavor. I'm not sure why I picked that flavor since I generally don't like coconut and mango flavoring but this is tolerable for me and probably pretty good to someone who doesnt already dislike those flavors.
1-Tub- Hydrate and Recover- This is the second half of the "Superman" its delicious and has really helped me mitigate dehydration and prevent cramping.
2 bottles of Lean Life- These are pills that you take before breakfast and lunch to help get your metabolism rolling. I'm not certain how well they work at this point but I have not had any adverse reactions to them.
1 bottle of Probiotics- I take one each night shortly after dinner- Like above I don't know their effectiveness but I have not experienced anything negative as of yet.
1 Bottle of High Performance Multi-vitamin- They seem good.
1 Canister of Green Infusion- This is a powdered fruit and vegetable supplement, It tastes exactly how it smells and I am sure it is good to introduce the power of these veggies, however this week it seemed to run through me pretty fast. I will resume taking them after a couple days to see if it is the culprit to my upset stomach.

Since my goal is weight loss I have been focusing on nutrition and cardio, I've been jamming on the elliptical for 60 minutes a day the past week and eating pretty darn clean except for a moment of weakness last night.

So far I am feeling good and seeing a noticeable change in my physique. I have not spent anytime on the scale and will intentionally keep it out of my mind for as long as possible.

If you are considering a 28 day challenge and have questions please feel free to ask, I am by no means an expert but I will do the best I can to share my personal experiences. Wilderness athlete has a cool program going called "Rule your Resolution" you could win $100 dollars in product for completing your program!

Congrats on taking your first step to a healthier you. Never heard of this 28 day program but I wish you well and look forward to seeing some good results.

I too, had a bit of a revelation on a backcountry hunt. In 2015 I was up in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada. It's a tough place. I hunted with a 63-year-old guy and he made me look pretty useless. I was a bit embarrassed by it. I'm in my mid 40's and was in so-so shape but this guy clearly took care of himself and I held him back a few times.

He is the one who suggested Wilderness Athlete to me and I've been on it ever since. I've twice done the 28 Day Challenge, the first time losing 15.5 lbs. and the second time losing 16.5 lbs. I still use WA products all the time. It may not work or be for everyone but it was what really worked for me. I had tried on my own diets and even did Weight Watchers once. But WA did the trick for me.

I went back to Nevada this past fall and was 22 lbs lighter.

WA is worth a shot if you haven't found what works for you.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would you guess was the total cost of the program as you used it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WKR
$199 on their site right now ("sale price").

WKR
Any updates?
Anyone else who has actually done this want to chime in?

T43

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished the 28 day challenge. A few years older than the OP and started 20 lbs lighter. Spent the last 2 months of 16 with a no pushing, pulling, lifting order from the doc on my dominant arm. That led to about a 20 lb gain and a scary realization that I can't just do and eat whatever I want anymore.

I finished the 28 day challenge 14 lbs lighter and cut 4 inches off my gut. I'm going to do another 28 days and hope for similar results. I've never done any other diet type programs and never felt the need to but this stuff worked for me.