Wilderness Athlete Altitude Advantage

DIY

WKR
Does this work? I know the tips on beating altitude sickness, however does anyone have anything else they take beside diamox

TEmbry

WKR
Has diamox not worked for you? It's the best option clinically.

Try drowning yourself with water too. Staying hydrated is half the battle.

OP
D

DIY

WKR
my doc didnt prescribe it for me... I didnt have problems last year, however just trying to prevent it

Shrek

WKR
I was reading that Ibuprofen works about as well in a recent study in California. I don't know where I saw it but it may have been here. Water , water , water ! Come down if you experience it as it can kill you . It's brain swelling that causes the headache and that is serious business.

gotllamas

FNG
I used it last year on a goat hunt. Did not get sick like I did the year before in the same area without the stuff. Have more on order now for this year.

You guys should check out some stuff made in Gunnison, Colorado called acclimate. It works really well and is cheaper than the wilderness athlete stuff

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I used the WA altitude advantage last year before heading to CO. I thought that there was a noticeable difference, although it may have been more mental than anything. I would take it again! It gives you some wierd tasting burps as well.