Wildest part of your state or province

New Orleans. Always bring at least one pistol, and don't forget a back-up pistol, and some extra mags are essential. Things aren't what they used to be in NOLA.

grfox92

WKR
Originally from NY. The Adirondacks in NY is over 6 million acres of timber. Enormous wilderness areas that I could get farther away from a road than most places in Wyoming or Montana. Most people don't think of that when they think of New York but I spent a lot of time up there and really miss it and loved it.

Now in Wyoming I live 30 minutes from the entrance to the thoroughfare which is as most know the most remote area in the lower 48.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had a pretty good opportunity to hike all around the state (and neighboring states); if you get off trail in Montana- lots of wild places, too many to list. The vast (vast) majority of folks stick to trails which is absolutely fine; but popular places like Glacier National Park and The Bob Marshall (including the Great Bear and Scape Goat) once you start venturing off trail- it gets really wild and it's all yours :D

I'd agree the Cabinets need to be included as well- folks use the trails, they very rarely get off them- and it's as wild as any place once you do.

Washington-Downtown Seattle, Yakima at night on North 1st Ave and East of 1st Ave, Toppenish, also put Spokane on the list near the hospital on division?

Oregon-definitely Portland and the Christmas valley area. Christmas Valley area is neat with a lot of meth shacks in the boonies. Never know when a tweaked is going to try to get in a head on with you when driving through that area.

Idaho-Boise and especially CDA on a weekend summer night can be wild.

Oh, you’re asking about the other kind of wild. Sorry not disclosing that as if you haven’t seen what places are turning into in the west the last few years because of social media, you wouldn’t be smart disclosing areas. Places like the Sawtooth and Salmon River Corrdiors are becoming crowded enough.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
When it comes to pure beauty, Cal. does have some amazing places, problem is there are just to many people to enjoy them. If you get into the northern part of the state there are far fewer people so you can enjoy it more. As for the wildest place in the state, that would have to be South central LA. Bunch or wild crazies down there.

Reactions: 307

def90

WKR
There aren't any wild places left in Colorado. A few years back I was archery elk hunting in a wilderness area and I had one of those thoughts in my head wondering if anyone had ever stepped where I was travelling only to look down and see a piece of rebar sticking out of the ground.

Minnesota- Boundary Waters/North Central to NE MN

close 2nd NW Minneapolis
My step mom used to deliver mail in north Minneapolis. She said they’d treat the mail people with respect because they were scared they wouldn’t get their checks on time lol. Been 20 years since she left. Her brothers and herself used to go to the boundary waters as well and kayak/canoe and portage for several days every summer. I’ve never been but always thought it would be fun.

+1 for WY Thorofare.. It can feel like you're on another planet

The Everglades

Also, the NC Outer Banks back in the day. When I was young we started at the north end & made our way to Hatteras over the course of a week just camping, fishing & exploring & saw a total of 1 person the whole time.

Titan_Bow

WKR
There’s still a lot of wild places in Colorado, just have to stay away from trails and trailheads. I was into elk opening weekend last year at a spot where I was the only truck. I swing through a trailhead I used to hunt on my way home, really just out of curiosity, and there were over 30 trucks parked there!
I’ve got into some deep rugged basins in the Sangre De Christo’s that were pretty isolated and few people are going into, same with the Zirkel.
I’ve bear hunted 3 springs up in the nw corner of Montana. The Cabinet mountains and Purcell mountains are pretty darn remote and devoid of people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk