Wildest part of your state or province

MattB

WKR
In CA, there are tons of areas in the desert, the eastern Sierras, and the NW and NE part of the state that don’t see a lot of visitors. Population centers are mostly on the coast in the southern 2/3 of the state and in the Central Valley.

Reactions: WKR

WKR
Now in Wyoming I live 30 minutes from the entrance to the thoroughfare which is as most know the most remote area in the lower 48.

Furthest from a road, I believe. But Yellowstone Meadows can look like an outfitter convention in the summer sometimes. Everyone wants to get so far in that if they took one more step they’d be coming out the other side.

There are hidey holes to be found that aren’t as far in but get less traffic.

Last edited:
im not. There is a shit ton about this state I still love. There are not many days in a row when I am not doing something pretty amazing out doors related.
This is true. The government here definitely sucks in every way. However since I’m stuck here for at least another year or two, I might as well take advantage of how awesome the state actually is physically. Last weekend I drove 1 1/2 hrs up hwy 1 to Big Sur and camp at the plasket creek campground with the wife and fished across the street at sand dollar beach. Caught a few nice barred surf perch of the sand and a couple nice cabezon off the rocks. Watched the surfers do their thing while I fished and enjoyed some beers. Since it was about 75-80 degrees and sunny I also enjoyed watching the surfer’s girlfriends in their thong bikinis, the beach was hopping. Yeah, February in ca isn’t bad. That being said I’m moving asap.

WKR
There aren't any wild places left in Colorado. A few years back I was archery elk hunting in a wilderness area and I had one of those thoughts in my head wondering if anyone had ever stepped where I was travelling only to look down and see a piece of rebar sticking out of the ground.
There is an old book called Last of the Mountain Men about a recluse named Sylvan Hart that lived for decades on the Salmon River. Hart said about the time you thought you were somewhere no one had ever been you’d trip over a woman’s shoe.

WKR

WKR
In CA, there are tons of areas in the desert, the eastern Sierras, and the NW and NE part of the state that don’t see a lot of visitors. Population centers are mostly on the coast in the southern 2/3 of the state and in the Central Valley.
Yup, go to the Mojave or death valley wilderness in the middle of summer. I can almost guarantee you won't see another person.

CorbLand

WKR
They got nothing on Rigby. Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Rigby is ten times better than Salt Lake and twenty times better than Provo and you know it.

Also, Rigby is the birthplace of the TV. You’re welcome.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
In Texas, Black Gap WMA. Used to camp there every year in the late winter / early spring. Caught catfish from the Rio and avoided the feral cattle that escaped many generations ago from Mexico or ranches. Never saw another person other than the staff at the checkin point.

Or Mardi Gras Galveston, before you had to pay $20 to get in...

kloppy

FNG
Maryland - probably Blackwater Wildlife Refuge or the mountains in the west part of the state.

NoWiser

WKR
Minnesota it has to be the NW part of the state north of Red Lake. The Boundary Waters is loaded with people and I don’t consider it wild at all. In the winter it probably is.