Wildfires in your hunting area yet?

Azone

WKR
Woke up this morning and there was a good layer of smoke in the valley. There is a fire burning north of a major burn scar from last year that could get into some nasty country. I really hope they get it out before they decide to close the forest again.
Anyone else already dealing with a fire in their area?

SouthPaw

WKR
Woke up this morning and there was a good layer of smoke in the valley. There is a fire burning north of a major burn scar from last year that could get into some nasty country. I really hope they get it out before they decide to close the forest again.
Anyone else already dealing with a fire in their area?
Too late. SPI already closed their lands yesterday. More will follow, probably including public and national forests like last year. It's going to be a s***show in CA this summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
We had one 2 days ago. Fortunately, it was contained within a day, but it’s stupid hot, the reservoirs are very low and the fire danger is listed as “extreme” in SW CO.

Spoke to a guy from Portland and he said it has been super dry for a while aNd is hearing officials are expecting a bad fire season.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
It’s been triple digits the last couple days in my area and I am gonna guess this one started from lightning last evening. We had some very light rain in a few spots yesterday.

Too late. SPI already closed their lands yesterday. More will follow, probably including public and national forests like last year. It's going to be a s***show in CA this summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree that it will be a shit show and that more closures will undoubtedly follow.

cjdewese

WKR
No fires in my area yet in SoCal but we have been breaking records almost every day for heat.

Last year was brutal with the forest closures but as someone who's back yard is 100K acres of national forest fires are scary.

There was a wild fire that ignited as a result of shooters out in the desert near by about a week ago. Quickly spread to several hundred acres but they were able to contain it. First one of the season

Phaseolus

WKR
This is the fire burning on the Moab side of the La Sal mountains. I took the picture from Hauser road in Colorado unit 61 on the Uncompahgre Plateau. 072DF11A-A0CA-4F05-8BBB-23984632D35D.jpeg

dtrkyman

WKR
Rincon fire is still very small, the Johnson fire over in the Gila is a major issue 73k acres and counting!

Poser

WKR
20 lightening strike fires today.

091bc77404187ce54fc1c65cf921f2ca.jpg

FlyGuy

WKR
Well, I don’t have a hunting area yet, so…. Application season has not been kind to me this year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope we get through this year without too many here but I do hope some of the P&J burns up as there is too much of it.

We had a good one here in my hunting area 2 years ago. When I went up to my usual ambush spot the tree I hide under was covered in fire retardent.

Only a matter of a thunderstorm or two with little rain before the Frank Church goes up.

Keeping them small so far, but the big one(s) are looming up here in Idaho.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
In one post I stated lighting was a cause of the fire in my area which has been named the Willow Fire.
After talking to a good friend that’s a fire fighter, he mentioned a hiker is suspected of causing it, but source of ignition has not been confirmed to my knowledge. I’m really hoping that USFS and Cal Fire can get it contained before the whole ranger district shuts down, AGAIN!
Praying that no assholes have gender reveal parties in 5 foot sage brush with tanerite or other explosives this year.
I really feel for the guys who burned a lot of points and will inevitably be screwed by a smoke column this coming season.

AZ8

WKR
Arizona is exploding with new fires almost daily. A lightning caused fire is headed up in some prime elk country. Several communities evacuated tonight. If they don’t get a handle on it quick, its gonna get ugly! It’s burning along 6A/22 North border if any of you are familiar or have elk tags this Fall.

Praying that no assholes have gender reveal parties in 5 foot sage brush with tanerite or other explosives this year.
I know of several fires started by shooting explosives this year. Don't hear about most wildfires in the USA, but we are above average on fires year to date compared to the 10 year average.

I know of several fires started by shooting explosives this year. Don't hear about most wildfires in the USA, but we are above average on fires year to date compared to the 10 year average.

I read that UT as of May something this year had burned more acres up to that date than the last 3 or maybe 5 years combined up to that date.

I just dont see why at risk states wont ban fireworks in years like this. Last year we had over 20 fires started in town on the 4th. I get it, its the 4th. But like they say, its all fun and games until you burn down your neighborhood, or the National Forest.

MattB

WKR
Ran an errand in San Jose, CA tonight and there was high smoke coming in from the east.

grfox92

WKR
The Beartooths were on fire the other day, burned 2000 acres. The whole town of Cody was covered up in smoke until the wind shifted and blew it all back.
3b0344e1b53b3d617c214fa376eecc04.jpg
dc111eb9edb87295d6de01d3d115ced9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk