Will boxer questions....

wool boxer questions....

I need to find a better "hood" for the ol engine.... Cotton and spandex just are not Doing it any more.

Has anyone tried the first light boxers? How did stack up to the rest. As always I think smart wool would be in the top. Any others I should look at ?

Last edited:

Slim Jim

WKR
I use the FL red desert boxers and really like them a lot. Very comfy, warm and they keep the funk down a little more than cotton.

OP
twintips16
I have heard a lot of things about STP and there wool sales.

I have a couple gift cards to cabelas to use and the First light were the only "name" other then cabelas that stuck out.

OP
twintips16
I guess it is hard to find "will" boxers any how. Thanks guys for letting that slide on me....

Edited title to read "wool"

I like the Saxx bamboo boxer briefs. They have a pouch in them to keep your junk in place and pretty much eliminates chaffing. I wear them sheep hunting, ran a marathon with them this spring and absolutely no issues. As far as sweat wicking and odour bamboo is very effective.

I have the First Lite boxers and love them enough that they are now my daily wear boxers. Took me a while to build up a daily supply of them though, as they are ridiculously expensive. My oldest pair is pushing 100 wash cycles and are still in great condition. Shows no signs of fraying, thinning, or stretching that you would normally expect from a washable wool product.

tstowater

WKR
Go with the First Lites. I would wear them to the office, but the only ones I have are camo and might get a few interesting looks. Comfortable as can be. Wore a pair all day Saturday. Jeans were soaking wet and I was extremely comfortable. Practically stink free.

colonel00

WKR
I would wear them to the office, but the only ones I have are camo and might get a few interesting looks.

Maybe you get interesting looks because you walk around work in your boxers:rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist.

I concur that the wool boxers are nice and light weight.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've heard some good things about Under Armour's boxer briefs but haven't used them...I need some good ones myself but I ain't paying First Lite prices for underwear.

aron

WKR
I use the smartwool boxers and love them. Never tried First Lite ones and haven't looked at them until recently and noticed they no longer are extremely long which was the one thing that turned me away from them.

aron

WKR
I have the First Lite boxers and love them enough that they are now my daily wear boxers. Took me a while to build up a daily supply of them though.

Can't you just keep wearing the same pair day after day since the stink factor stays to a minimum with wool? :)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've only got several days on my First Lite's in the field. Loved them. Used in subfreezing temps while hiking and was comfortable. Haven't started stinking yet, so I haven't washed them.

Ozz08

WKR
I've heard some good things about Under Armour's boxer briefs but haven't used them...I need some good ones myself but I ain't paying First Lite prices for underwear.

Under armour boxer briefs are probably the most comfortable underwear I have ever had on. They are also the strongest "funk" producers I have ever worn. I am not a much of a sweater and I am not much of a body odor producer but after about 30 mins of strenuous activity those under armour boxers smell worse than fido's ass! I retired them to gym and exercise use then had to retire them to non active wear cause I was worried the hot chicks at the gym could smell me!

The first lite red desert boxers are awesome. The first year I used them I wore them for five days straight on a backpack hunt and then wore them for a six hour drive home. When I got home I threw them at my wife. She screamed and said "you're disgusting!" Then said "wow these don't even smell like you ever wore them at all!"

MIKEYB

WKR
I have core4 and minus 33. I like the minus 33 more. They have the merino wrap around the waist band versus the elastic waist band. I like the fit better too.

KMD

Banned
My satchell prefers Xtek and Exofficio. Xteks are 1/2 the price and just as comfy...