Will CV19 cause War??

Pigskin

FNG
Who will throw the first punch here?? China’s recklessness has killed thousands worldwide...and wrecked global economy.
They will not escape this without Repercussion.....
All hypothetical but.........how’s it gonna go down? Your thoughts?

Dunndm

WKR
I’m just following to see how crazy this thread gets...

Do I think there will be war, no. Do I think trump will pull out a vast majority of jobs from China that he can, possibly snd most likely I hope yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will see all essential products be moved back to the US. I'm not sure about a war.. maybe world vs. China?

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I think something pretty egrigeous has to happen for war, and anything beyond surgical drone strikes ( for the most part) are behind us.
Wars are now fought economically. Tariffs, devaluing currency, stuff like that which I don't understand.
That being said, China is too big a market and too sensitive for anyone to go hard at.
The NBA loved licking those commie boots, just think if it's an entire countries economy.
I think they should lose their seat at the WHO and have to lay a sh*tton of money. That never happen though. So my answer is nobody and nothing. I see zero reprocussions. Hell a lot of media outlets are praising China for how they've handled things. It's nauseating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
No, I do not believe a war will come of this. Not in the slightest. War is expensive and their is no “winning” in a a scenario like this.

I think and hope their will be a push to bring back essential product manufacturing to America but I imagine that will last only for a time until companies go un-subsidized and again look mostly at profit margins.

Any economic sanction or attack towards China will result in likeness from them toward any nation including us. Our economy isn’t in a position for that and it would be somewhat foolish.

As far as the world coming together against China a few may claim to band together but of those few a couple will seek discrete deals. Most of the retaliation, in my opinion, will come from economic saber rattling and world leaders claiming to have stood up to China but most will be empty words.

Companies wont be leaving China for the US at most they leave China partially to open in multiple poor countries. They are going to spread their risk out and keep costs low. No more three factories in China. There will be one in China, Vietnam, and Bangladesh for example.

i think it’s a pipe dream to logically think we can bring back all the jobs we outsource to China, our labor force doesn’t seem large enough and the cost for products would sky rocket. An entry level assembly worker here would probably get what 15/hour plus benefits. 15$ might be what they are paying them for the week. I agree with ^ they may go to another low cost country but moving it all back here seems illogical. Maybe essential medical items for the immediate future but as soon as companies see they can outsource everything for 20x cheaper why would they keep it here

I don't think we will see war with China. Neither country has the stones for what it would mean to either win or lose. Our military is everywhere and, I believe, is up to the task if it were to come to that.

I would love to see China get slapped into the last century and be striped of it's standing on world wide organizations. Doing so would drive them and Russia together even more than they already are.

I could see things getting bad in the developing world where we will have to cut aid funding. I haven't heard much about how things are going in South America and Africa but I can't imagine they are prepared to get out of this unaffected.

Resources that come from the developing world could see a disruption in production. There are plenty of places where mines rely on the strong backs of the people from the village down the road. What happens when that village gets hit by this?

Nobody knows what 1 year will look like. I hope it looks more like 1 year ago than Mad Max.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
...... China is too big a market and too sensitive for anyone to go hard at.
The NBA loved licking those commie boots, just think if it's an entire countries economy.
I think they should lose their seat at the WHO and have to lay a sh*tton of money. That never happen though. So my answer is nobody and nothing. I see zero reprocussions. Hell a lot of media outlets are praising China for how they've handled things. It's nauseating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep. Just the Chinese middle class will be over 550 million people by 2022, which would make it the 3rd most populous country in the world. The largest American farmers, energy producers, and manufacturers are counting on that customer base.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Death rate in a war with China would be way higher than the corona. That would be young healthy people. Seems people are ok as long as it’s not in our soil. Will there be some stuff that happens that the media and civilians don’t need to know about ... probably

Wrench

WKR
I'd guess about half or more of the people on this forum don't remember what it is like to be a resource based economy and a global export leader.

There was a time not long ago when we didn't NEED ANYTHING from any foreign country and they depended on us to bring them out of the stone age.

Keeping your workforce educated and skilled, using your own resources and not being afraid to cut down a tree are going to have to return to the US.....or, we made it painfully obvious that we can be crippled in about two weeks by taking away toilet paper.

I'm sure the world trembles knowing we're afraid of not being able to wipe our asses with Charmin even with all these guns and money.

I'm not a doom and gloom type of person but I like to pay attention to what's happening in the world. I think you would have to be pretty tone deaf if you think there at are not conditions that have been cultivated in the past several years to at least set the stage for some form of armed military conflict with China. (there's plenty of unarmed military conflict already happening) Yes, there are lots of economic ties between our countries that are difficult to unwind, but IF the US does begin what is being talked about, bring a lot of our production back home, well... We would definitely want to build up our internal resources supply chain before entering into a military conflict with that nation.
China's power internationally has been steadily growing over the past 2 decades. Whenever power is threatened, conditions for war ripen. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Trump seems to be very pragmatic in his international dealings which I believe tilts the scale against armed conflict for now. But IF China were to up it's aggression in it's region because it's feeling threatened, that could necessitate a response from us.