Will Idaho be This Week???

But correct me if I am wrong, they no longer accept mail in applications. They claim that has always been the hold up, as far as getting results drawn and notifications sent

GregB

WKR
I put in for moose, it would be great if they would come out in a timely manner.

npm352

WKR
Idaho had system issues last year. A couple years back two commissioners drew sheep tags in the same year and some guys flipped out. F&G had to decide whether to go with an independent vendor (they were using state auditors office I believe) or prohibit all F&G employees and families from controlled hunt draws. So they dropped like $400,000 in the private system and obviously did not get their money's worth last year with the terrible delay. Hoping for results soon.

Who knows if there was actual foul play, but even if employees could check how many people put in for each tag the day before the deadline it would work in their favor.

npm352

WKR
On a side note, Idaho has these most basic draw...I could have it done in less than a day with a raffle ticket for each entry, a bucket and three 5th grade kids to help. Draw to see unit order of draw for each species....then draw names for each unit in the order you drew earlier...once you hit 10% NR quota, no more NR can be awarded tag.

No reason for a computer or delay or Idaho holding NR $2000 for so long.

shanevg

WKR
On a side note, Idaho has these most basic draw...I could have it done in less than a day with a raffle ticket for each entry, a bucket and three 5th grade kids to help. Draw to see unit order of draw for each species....then draw names for each unit in the order you drew earlier...once you hit 10% NR quota, no more NR can be awarded tag.

Yep you nailed it.

Waiting (im)patiently for confirmation I finally drew a goat tag. :)

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider

How would you make sure that the once in a lifetime mandate was upheld? Or that multiple apps weren’t submitted? I think they do a pretty good job...

npm352

WKR
How would you make sure that the once in a lifetime mandate was upheld? Or that multiple apps weren’t submitted? I think they do a pretty good job...
Are you being serious? I was making a point....Idaho takes money for a month and a half to two months and has the most straightforward draw.

But to entertain your questions....if it literally was no computer involved to weed out OIL and multiple entries then I'd have one of the 5th graders in my illustration check the winners against a master list of those who killed a OIL species and then have another check to make sure no winners had their names in other draws...the third 5th grader could run and get us all sodas at the nearest gas station while they worked.... I would pay them hourly with money or bubblegum and not charge the state $400,000 of extra conservation money to do it.

I was making a point. Almost half a million dollars could have been spent better by a F&G dept. The seasons and quotas are set in March predraw....no reason for 6-9 week wait...especially since they hold your money.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
But that's kinda of the beauty of it. That why Idaho has better draw odds then anywhere else. Because they will hold you $ for 90 days. Basically if you are a NR and don't have the 2200 to spend for 90 days you shouldn't apply.

npm352

WKR
Yes.. it keeps people out which increases non res draw odds. I do think they still could have found a system that did not cost F&G $400,000. Pretty steep price to pay for what amounts to some pretty simple math.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yes.. it keeps people out which increases non res draw odds. I do think they still could have found a system that did not cost F&G $400,000. Pretty steep price to pay for what amounts to some pretty simple math.

Sure, I agree with you there but I haven't know many if any goverment branches that have prudent spending practices. Its especially stupid simple since there are no points to square away.