Will it work for me

Well It’s like this boys, I can get an absolute smoking deal on a Browning Hells Canyon in 28 Nosler, topped with a Leupold VX 3 3.5-10x50. Now my shots will be anywhere from 40 yards to 400 yards on whitetail deer.. Is this thing gonna be just too hot at that 40 yards to 100 yards range, on whitetails?? As that could be a common shot, depending where I’m sitting. Hornady Precision Hunter 162gr ELD-X cartridges.. I really want to make it mine, but I’m not sure it’s the right weapon for me, which is an absolute shame based on the price.

Nothing wrong with that 28. But get something different than the elf-x for those short shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
You’d have to pay me to hunt whitetail (or anything else) with that scope and rifle; and even then, it’d have to be a sizable sum. Unnecessary recoil and muzzle blast. Unreliable scope - wax eloquent on neither the “glass” nor the “quality” of its warranty. You will not practice with it. Simply a hard pass, unless you have flipping it in mind. But then you’ll have to live with passing it along to another unsuspecting party. If you can stomach the latter, and it helps you get into something appropriate, have at it.

OP
IvarTheBoneless
Nothing wrong with that 28. But get something different than the elf-x for those short shots.

In my short time on this forum, I have already noticed a resounding disdain for ol Leupy. Out of pure curiosity, what do you prefer for optics?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I wouldn't let that deter you from Leupold. They have a cult like following (as does Nightforce) from those who go down range and their optics play a critical role in the mission, where failure can be final.
Keep in mind, everyone is a product of their environment, and opinions are formed from their experiences. Some of the most revered optics and gear on the internet, and this forum as well-well, I wouldn't depend my life on all of it.

In my short time on this forum, I have already noticed a resounding disdain for ol Leupy. Out of pure curiosity, what do you prefer for optics?

Nothing wrong with Leupys. Never had one, but know lots that do.
I’ll catch hell here, but I have mostly vortex and a couple of nikons.