Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poser

WKR
That was in response to the suggestion that “liberal” states are freaking out and shutting everything down while “conservative” states are staying open and places like Idaho will have guaranteed hunting seasons because they don’t freak out

1. This has started to change dramatically in the last 24 hours.
2. MS’s governor effectively did nothing for too long to deal with CV and the state, despite being conservative, is about to get body slammed by CV. I doubt they will cancel hunting season, but there may be far less people left to go hunting by the time Fall gets here.

I don’t think states will cancel hunting seasons outright, but traveling from one state to the next could be an issue.

And here it is. MS was one of the last states to “freak out” (I.e. respond). As of Just a few days a go, the governor refused to order people to stay home and created legislation that prevented local governments from ordering closures or stay at home orders. Now they lead the nation in hospitalization rates and have followed suit with shelter in place orders.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting article about MS. However, it doesn't show that MSs rate of infection is any higher than other states based on population, which is what is being implied because of being later to act than others. It may be, but the article doesn't show it. The hospitalization rate is more a function of the less healthy population in the south in general(higher obesity, heart, and lung disease rates) than most of the rest of the country.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Speakng of places getting body slammed. NY, CA, WA. The places that early on in Feb when this was getting started told everyone to go out and socialize because ‘racism’. Then they knee jerked and freaked out thoroughly, especially when they knew it was bad for the admin. Yes some conservative states waited longer to act but that’s an irrelevant point when corona is not rampant in those states for the most part.

Wrench

WKR
Idaho picked a fine time to jack NR tag prices. Lots of people won't be able to pull it off this year due to uncertaintyand use of leave....and likely not able to cough up the dough at the new price next year.

netman

WKR
I’m in the draw for several states but the way things are going I’m betting the seasons will be shut down. I’m making myself sick right now just thinking about it.

4ester

WKR
I really can't believe the number of selfish pricks on here ( everywhere really) who moan about temporarily losing a few non-essential activities when this virus is highly contagious and is killing tens of thousands! Just what are the priorities of these people???

Yes because being alone in the mountains puts others at risk.

I will be elk hunting this fall with or without a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whip

WKR
Who would have thought 2 weeks ago that Oregon would close boat ramps and trailheads, Alaska would cancel Bear season for NRs, Illinois would prohibit hunting on public lands, Arizona close some hiking trails, etc, etc.?
Who can guarantee that this stuff will be over with by September and that other states won't close seasons, at least to nonresidents, or that non essential travel between states won't be restricted?
I'd love to say screw it, I'm going elk hunting no matter what the states say. But realistically, I know I'm not going if it's no legal. And also realistically, I know that my elk hunt is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. But still...

Welp? Sounds like I better break down and buy that AR and a bunch of ammo after reading this. The good vs evil fight is coming.........

I really can't believe the number of selfish pricks on here ( everywhere really) who moan about temporarily losing a few non-essential activities when this virus is highly contagious and is killing tens of thousands! Just what are the priorities of these people???

So you would rather have me go to the store to get meat, exposing myself and other. Vs going to the woods by myself?

Honestly I dont think they can afford to close season.
The F&G would be out of business.

Yeah no kidding. Just be happy you don't live in NY. I heard there was a report out predicting a pandemic and the need for NY City to aquire ventilators. Instead they invested in failed lightbulb and failed solar companies to the tune of hundreds of millions. That's Cuomo and Deblazio hard at work pushing an agenda without regard for their citizens. Kinda like just about every liberal governor and mayor in the country.now they've all got their hands out to the fed, while bashing the fed at every opportunity instead of coming up with valid viable solutions. Oh and praising China while they're at it believing what China's lapdog WHO is telling them........

TX_Diver

WKR
There will probably still be elk seasons. What the rest of the world looks like at that point, who knows!

blackdawg

WKR
You can't fix stupid selfish small minded mentally that is rampant, most of em probably worship horns, these clowns are a small sample and example why the USA is going to own all the Coronavirus records for cases and deaths when the dust settles. You have to be very selfish and rather obtuse to think this isn't going to alter every part of modern society to the core, pricks will be pricks. world's full of em. The naysayer numbers are falling fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.