Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mountains are big country . Pretty tough to contaminate that.

How about the gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and other stops they will make on the drive from multiple states away? Pretty tough to spread it there too? I want to hunt out of state as much as the next guy but if I have to hunt at home only this year then I guess that's what I get.

As of right now I've seen an email from CPW and NMDGF. I'm in for both states. Both game depts are warning against "hoax" emails that are stating big game seasons are cancelled.

You can't fix stupid selfish small minded mentally that is rampant, most of em probably worship horns, these clowns are a small sample and example why the USA is going to own all the Coronavirus records for cases and deaths when the dust settles. You have to be very selfish and rather obtuse to think this isn't going to alter every part of modern society to the core, pricks will be pricks. world's full of em. The naysayer numbers are falling fast!

I sure hope you didn't apply for any out of state tags

You can't fix stupid selfish small minded mentally that is rampant, most of em probably worship horns, these clowns are a small sample and example why the USA is going to own all the Coronavirus records for cases and deaths when the dust settles. You have to be very selfish and rather obtuse to think this isn't going to alter every part of modern society to the core, pricks will be pricks. world's full of em. The naysayer numbers are falling fast!

So I'm not supposed to go to the store, which may or may not have food, but I also not supposed to go hunting and procuring my own food.
So your suggesting we all just stay in our houses and starve to death?
Sounds like your plan to get thru this involves magic crystals to wish upon.
Some of us have to do shit though.

The Colorado process seems to be chugging along as usual. I'm super looking forward to the hunt this fall.

Not trying to slam anyone but I do what the Gov tells me when it comes to this virus. But at the same time life goes on (we hope). But we still like to hunt, we still eat and sleep and chat. There are more important things in life but the things we enjoy doing are still important. I'm pretty sure I won't get or spread the virus by chatting on line.
It's always been my thought that folks need some kind of carrot out in front of them to help keep them motivated. For me that Carrot is a western Elk hunt. I'm 70 and retired and it motivates me having that to look forward to every year. It forces me to not let myself get too far out of shape cause I know if get too soft I can't climb the mountains and deal with the altitude. My mother is still living and the thing she looks forward to every year is going to Topsail Island in NC. Just saying life is better with a little motivator so we have reason to be concerned about those things. It don't mean we aren't concerned for the loss of human life but other than obeying the government virus recommendations there isn't a lot most of us can do about it.

But the question that started this thread "Will there be an Elk season this fall and what are the odds?"
My best guess is YES there will be a fall elk season and the odds I think are 80-20 for a Elk season. If things aren't much improved by then we will have much bigger things to worry about than hunting Elk. Right now one thing we can do is look out for our neighbors. My wife and I try to see that our neighbors and family have what they need and if we all do that life will be a little better for all.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Not trying to slam anyone but I do what the Gov tells me when it comes to this virus. But at the same time life goes on (we hope). But we still like to hunt, we still eat and sleep and chat. There are more important things in life but the things we enjoy doing are still important. I'm pretty sure I won't get or spread the virus by chatting on line.
It's always been my thought that folks need some kind of carrot out in front of them to help keep them motivated. For me that Carrot is a western Elk hunt. I'm 70 and retired and it motivates me having that to look forward to every year. It forces me to not let myself get too far out of shape cause I know if get too soft I can't climb the mountains and deal with the altitude. My mother is still living and the thing she looks forward to every year is going to Topsail Island in NC. Just saying life is better with a little motivator so we have reason to be concerned about those things. It don't mean we aren't concerned for the loss of human life but other than obeying the government virus recommendations there isn't a lot most of us can do about it.

But the question that started this thread "Will there be an Elk season this fall and what are the odds?"
My best guess is YES there will be a fall elk season and the odds I think are 80-20 for a Elk season. If things aren't much improved by then we will have much bigger things to worry about than hunting Elk. Right now one thing we can do is look out for our neighbors. My wife and I try to see that our neighbors and family have what they need and if we all do that life will be a little better for all.
Great post and I agree!! By the way, I live about an hour from Topsail! ;)

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Great post and I agree!! By the way, I live about an hour from Topsail! ;)

NC

Pleased to meet ya online. I live in Oxford. We vacation every year for a week at Topsail. It's nice family gathering.
Our rental is in June so we of course are hoping this virus is done with NC by then. I live in Oxford NC.
My Mother is mostly the reason we vacation at Topsail Beach. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune while in the Corps for a couple years in the 70's and my mother came down to visit me. She had never seen the Ocean before and happened to stay at Topsail beach. She fell in love with it and has vacationed their ever since.

Brooks

WKR
If things don’t change by September I’m sure N.M. will cancel at least non res hunting. I live in a place that will go belly up without tourists and they have shut the ski slopes down and put out ads for tourists to please don’t visit until this is over so I assume they would do the same with hunting. This place is a ghost town and I sure hope the people that have businesses here can recover.

Ucsdryder

WKR
As someone else said, it’s not being in the woods. It’s coming from California or Texas or Minnesota and stopping at 3-4 gas stations, grocery stores, sporting goods stores, etc on your way to the trail head. It would make sense to cancel non residents and allow residents to continue to hunt, like a lot of state’s are doing now during turkey seasons. As I’ve said all along, if were still in this position in September we have a lot more serious issues than hunting elk.

Oh and the guys that say they’ll hunt even if the season is closed...you’re morons.

As someone else said, it’s not being in the woods. It’s coming from California or Texas or Minnesota and stopping at 3-4 gas stations, grocery stores, sporting goods stores, etc on your way to the trail head. It would make sense to cancel non residents and allow residents to continue to hunt, like a lot of state’s are doing now during turkey seasons. As I’ve said all along, if were still in this position in September we have a lot more serious issues than hunting elk.

Oh and the guys that say they’ll hunt even if the season is closed...you’re morons.

But we also cant completely let the economy crash ether, those businesses rely on that money.
And are the feds going to bail out state fish and game.
Without non resident funding or a stimulus from the fed's they will have to lock up shop. And it will be a free for all in the woods. No funding no fish and game.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Pleased to meet ya online. I live in Oxford. We vacation every year for a week at Topsail. It's nice family gathering.
Our rental is in June so we of course are hoping this virus is done with NC by then. I live in Oxford NC.
My Mother is mostly the reason we vacation at Topsail Beach. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune while in the Corps for a couple years in the 70's and my mother came down to visit me. She had never seen the Ocean before and happened to stay at Topsail beach. She fell in love with it and has vacationed their ever since.
Nice to meet you too. I'm near Clinton, NC. The wife and I always go to Topsail when we go to the beach for the day.

NC

Status
Not open for further replies.