Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one who thinks it's crazy that we can't come up with a vaccine for this in less than 12-16 months?

Wapiti1

WKR
Am i the only one who thinks it's crazy that we can't come up with a vaccine for this in less than 12-16 months?

Getting one that works is probably already done, or very close. The time is to know if that vaccine creates more issues. It would be horrible to cure this with a consequence of a 10% increased rate of birth defects or something else.

Jeremy

Fatcamp

WKR
Wouldn’t surprise me at this point. The governor in Colorado is planning on putting a state wide burn ban in place. For 6 months for public and private land. His reasoning was so that firefighters don’t have to fight fires and the virus at the same time.

Scratching my head at this? 6 months out? Kind of crazy call I think. Wouldn’t surprise me if they close elk hunting too. The way things are going. Makes no sense.
You can’t go turkey hunt in Nebraska but you can fly there and travel in an airport. But not be out in the woods by yourself hunting.

Are the marijuana dispensaries still open in CO? That seems like a potential source of infection on many levels.

There is a purpose to that feigned panic. It’s an opportunity for them to oust a president.

I don’t disagree that many media outlets are more focused on crucifying Trump’s reactions than reporting on this deal. However, the US reaction has been less panicked or drastic than almost every developed country in the world with exceptions like Russia and Sweden. Are they all trying to feign panic to oust Trump too?

I don’t disagree that many media outlets are more focused on crucifying Trump’s reactions than reporting on this deal. However, the US reaction has been less panicked or drastic than almost every developed country in the world with exceptions like Russia and Sweden. Are they all trying to feign panic to oust Trump too?

If we are being honest. I Give -1,000,000 shits about those countries.

jboettner

FNG
I sure hope this doesn’t carry into fall seasons of any kind. Would be a lot of miserable Households without those days in the field for all. Seeing the Washington turkey and spring bear seasons slowly get taken away a little more each day is a bummer.

Whip

WKR
Wyoming will allow you to hunt spring bears & turkeys. The catch is that you have to go through a 14 day quarantine first. I'm not sure how that works. Can't you just quarantine in the mountain? I'm sure it's not quite that easy.

Fatcamp

WKR
Wyoming will allow you to hunt spring bears & turkeys. The catch is that you have to go through a 14 day quarantine first. I'm not sure how that works. Can't you just quarantine in the mountain? I'm sure it's not quite that easy.

Sure hope it is. Our plans for SD and WY this fall involve driving from home to campsite with stops for fuel only. And we do not camp with others.

2blade

WKR

There are many variations of corona viruses, which is a cold virus. C-19 is simply another one that has been let loose and is always going to be with us from now to eternity. Build a vaccine to work on this one is fine and dandy, but like all viruses it will mutate and that vaccine will no longer work on the mutations. Everyone is really better off being exposed to it so you can develop antibodies and be done with this bs.

jmez

WKR
How long will the antibodies last? You aren't immune from the common cold every year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Doesn't have to mutate, it's a short lived immune response to the Corona viruses that cause the common cold. Generally only s few months.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.