Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO Hunter

FNG
Colorado (CPW) is currently allowing and "encouraging" hunting and fishing, which is in accord with Govenor's Order. I don't expect much impact for resident hunters for the fall big game season...although the current 14-day "quarantines" in ND and WY could limit out of state opportunities if travel restrictions persist.

jimmy33

WKR
Here in Washington you can go get an abortion, smoke a bowl, and walk in a crowded Seattle city park all on the same day! But state lands are closed, the fishing season is over, spring bear and turkey are on hold, and you can’t buy a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there will be elk seasons this fall, there is no way we can have the economy shut down for that long and once people get over the hysteria and go back to work, they will also start going on vacation again.

I have seen a lot of comments on this thread and others about not being selfish and the need to lockdown for the greater good. However, only 16% of the United States population is over 65 and high risk for this virus. So it seems to me that all of this shutdown nonsense is to protect the lesser good. The greater good would be to only social distance from the elderly and allow everyone else to go back to school and work and keep the economy running. Selflessness will be exercised by the low risk group running errands and shopping for the elderly who need to isolate themselves.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see elk seasons going forward, at least in Montana. What I do expect is lower license sales to non-residents, strictly from an economic standpoint- lots of folks will be trying to get their feet under them again and hunting out of state will probably be a lower priority.

Oregon just closed all trailheads and atv/ohv trails until September 8th or until further notice.
This is on top of closing all day use, campgrounds and state parks a few weeks ago.
Not sure what this means for hunting. I don't hunt at a park or camp on a campground so not sure what this means for the season.
If we can and this crazyiess continues, I'm worried the woods will be packed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This. At first, I was like why couldn't this happen during elk season, but then upon pondering realized it'd mean everybody and their grandfather's ashes would be out in the woods.

"I have seen a lot of comments on this thread and others about not being selfish and the need to lockdown for the greater good. However, only 16% of the United States population is over 65 and high risk for this virus. So it seems to me that all of this shutdown nonsense is to protect the lesser good. The greater good would be to only social distance from the elderly and allow everyone else to go back to school and work and keep the economy running. Selflessness will be exercised by the low risk group running errands and shopping for the elderly who need to isolate themselves."

Well, one problem with that is many have died who were not old. This ain't your common flu. You definitely don't understand the problem. Right now the economy tanked but it was a result of the threat. If everyone went went back to work right now so many more would get it and the folks trying to service the Elderly probably would too and in turn the elderly. There are still many working right now putting out products that should help control the virus.
What is being done right now is starting to show signs of slowing down the virus. We don't want to back off just yet. There is a test right now that would help a lot if everyone could could take it. It shows if you have had the virus or not and if you have a weak immune system. If it shows you had the virus you should be able to be cleared to go back to work as you would be unlikely to catch it again. If you haven't had it or your test shows you have a weak immune system you need to stay isolated till the virus is past. What is being done right now is 100% the right thing to do.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is false.
Your statement is false. Not everyone who is dying is over 65. Actually about 50% of the deaths are people under 50. How many deaths should be allowed before you'll accept being inconvenienced? I know someone who died from this in their mid 20s. Go tell their family it was for the greater good. Even better, list off people who are friends or family members of yours who you deem expendable because you wanna go about your life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Your statement is false. Not everyone who is dying is over 65. Actually about 50% of the deaths are people under 50. How many deaths should be allowed before you'll accept being inconvenienced? I know someone who died from this in their mid 20s. Go tell their family it was for the greater good. Even better, list off people who are friends or family members of yours who you deem expendable because you wanna go about your life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncavi8tor

WKR
Nope!

CDC lists 3307 deaths from COVID-19. Only 314 aged 54 or younger. It's right there man. That's only 9.4% and it goes up to 54 years of age. I await your retort.
And many of those younger deaths resulted from underlying medical conditions both known and unknown, that compounded their respiratory distress. Fact.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Can we just all agree that Colorado big game seasons should be closed to non residents out of an abundance of caution. And all us residents can have the leftover tags, you know, to maintain proper herd populations. 2021 is your guys’ year!

LaHunter

WKR
Times will get so hard that flat bill hats will start to show some natural curve and the downtrodden IG influencers won’t have the $ to replace them. Compression socks will lose their elasticity and hang out by the ankles. Custom 6.5 Creedemore rifle makers will go under, KUIU will have to stop doing mailouts and lose their toilet time marketing (old KUIU mailers might be used for toilet paper). Sitka waders will go on clearance for $799, Texans won’t have the extra money for bags of corn less they go on a diet themselves, and duck hunters everywhere might just have to start eating ducks
had to laugh when I read this. Times are really getting bad

elkduds

WKR
Nope!

CDC lists 3307 deaths from COVID-19. Only 314 aged 54 or younger. It's right there man. That's only 9.4% and it goes up to 54 years of age. I await your retort.
314 is "many," too many, as is 9.4%. Many of those younger fatalities have been health care workers, who got it caring for people that wouldn't have had it if they followed rules and guidelines. Healthcare workers know they are risking their health and possibly their or their families' lives by going to work, where there aren't enough of the proper masks and other PPE to protect them. Ask those fighting this war on the front lines in ERs and ICUs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.