Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your statement is false. Not everyone who is dying is over 65. Actually about 50% of the deaths are people under 50. How many deaths should be allowed before you'll accept being inconvenienced? I know someone who died from this in their mid 20s. Go tell their family it was for the greater good. Even better, list off people who are friends or family members of yours who you deem expendable because you wanna go about your life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you Sneaky, Elkduds and NCAV8tor.

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
Your statement is false. Not everyone who is dying is over 65. Actually about 50% of the deaths are people under 50. How many deaths should be allowed before you'll accept being inconvenienced? I know someone who died from this in their mid 20s. Go tell their family it was for the greater good. Even better, list off people who are friends or family members of yours who you deem expendable because you wanna go about your life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So easy to throw percentages and guilt trips around - so if we use the same idea as above, we should all quit driving cars because we could end up killing someone in an accident. for the Greater good, we should give that up also. because that has actually kills more people under the age of 50. I agree that the virus is a big deal, but the number of people that are going to die from it is small in consideration to every other thing that kills people on a daily basis. If you only see the corona deaths reported they look huge, but if you put them in the context of every other death in the world on a daily basis the numbers are insignificant.
If you are going to worry about everything that can kill you, you should probably not come out of your house ever, but that would not be safe either being a large number of people die in their own homes every day. Turn the News off and relax, will get through this like everything else.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
So easy to throw percentages and guilt trips around - so if we use the same idea as above, we should all quit driving cars because we could end up killing someone in an accident.
I'm on your bus. I'll bet your bus doesn't run around in circles either.

Billinsd

WKR
How many deaths should be allowed before you'll accept being inconvenienced? I know someone who died from this in their mid 20s. Go tell their family it was for the greater good. Even better, list off people who are friends or family members of yours who you deem expendable because you wanna go about your life.
Going with your logic, should any deaths be allowed? Can you tolerate lots of people dying from the flu?, from driving? Could you tolerate say 50,000 Americans dying from this virus in addition to the flu traffic accidents? Are you like me, greatly worried that a hundred thousand or two or three hundred thousand could die if we weren't doing what we are now? Eventually, we have to go back to work and our lives, and it seems this won't completely go away and could come back?

Mike7

WKR
How someone could defend closing down the woods in a free country where the woods are owned by us, and there is zero reason medically for doing this, is beyond me.

If you are going to the grocery store in your home town, as I assume all of you self professed holier than thou people are doing, and then getting in line right next to someone while you are not wearing a mask, then there is always a slight chance that you could be exposing them to some kind of illness... an illness that they know they could be exposed to by leaving their house!
And that is assuming that you haven't already killed them in your car on the way to the store. How can you live with yourselves? And yet you call hunters selfish, who with proper precautions have the ability to expose no one?

I can understand Idaho though not wanting people from CA, OR, and WA traveling to Idaho for spring bear after those states restrict their own outdoors, since I have lived in all of those states.:D

Gonna be interesting for sure. Hypothetically speaking, let's say CO only lets residents hunt. And let's say I draw a NM tag. I'm starting a project in southern CO in June. I guess I wouldn't be able to hunt CO. In NM, if traveling and coming home from out of state, technically we are supposed to self quarantine for 14 days in NM. So traveling back and forth could screw me out of both hunts?

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think the Colorado residents are going to end up having the time of their lives with the leftover list when non-resident hunting is cancelled.

I agree. I was half tempted to go with points all the way around and then see what happens with the leftovers.

sndmn11

WKR
I agree. I was half tempted to go with points all the way around and then see what happens with the leftovers.

My wife and I applied in the first day or two that we were able. In the last week, I had considered changing everything to points first and list B tags as second choices. We had planned around my step dad's 9 points for deer, and had some list A second choice that might be a little bit under a 50/50 chance. My concern with that is the inability to return a list A in order to snag a better list A if the offices are closed. In the end we just stuck with what we picked from the start.
I do think that with how easy Yuma County was able to stop turkey hunting, and Gunnison County's threat of fines/jail time, that there's a fair chance that non-resident hunting be cancelled.

There is no way July and August will look any different in this country from any other year- I am fine with all the liberal lemmings staying in their houses until there is a vaccine. People kill me. This will blow over and we'll be lamenting the day we followed these "models" that havent even been close.

There is no way July and August will look any different in this country from any other year- I am fine with all the liberal lemmings staying in their houses until there is a vaccine. People kill me. This will blow over and we'll be lamenting the day we followed these "models" that havent even been close.

If they stay home and aren’t having kids? What a beautiful world!

Status
Not open for further replies.