Will they ever produce RL 26 again?

weaver

WKR
I did just pick up some N565 last week to try. So far H1000 is all I’ve used.

Flyjunky

WKR
I did just pick up some N565 last week to try. So far H1000 is all I’ve used.
In my 6.5-284 I tried N565, Rl26, and H1000. N565 was almost as fast as 26 ( although 1.7gr more) but seemed to be more consistent overall. I’ve been impressed with 565.

Fujicon

FNG
Youch. No RL26 available, but 8 lb RL16 on shelf today. $649.99. No, that is not a typo. Hard to fathom anyone paying that much just for powder. Is 8 lb of powder really comparable in value to a decent scope? I guess for some people it must be or Alliant wouldn't feel they could charge such outrageous prices.

One thing for sure is get 10 years of components/loaded ammo ahead if you can.
What is your strategy in doing this? 10 years of ammo/components for few common cartridges? Just 1 cartridge? Do you not change your cartridges as often as your underwear like everyone else here? I've thought about trying to do this but haven't determined yet what cartridges I want to keep long term. I've only started shooting center-fire in the last 5 years

*zap*

WKR
What is your strategy in doing this? 10 years of ammo/components for few common cartridges? Just 1 cartridge? Do you not change your cartridges as often as your underwear like everyone else here? I've thought about trying to do this but haven't determined yet what cartridges I want to keep long term. I've only started shooting center-fire in the last 5 years
6.5creedmore

🏴‍☠️

Weldor

WKR
Youch. No RL26 available, but 8 lb RL16 on shelf today. $649.99. No, that is not a typo. Hard to fathom anyone paying that much just for powder. Is 8 lb of powder really comparable in value to a decent scope? I guess for some people it must be or Alliant wouldn't feel they could charge such outrageous prices.
I've moved on. Not worth it.

Flyjunky

WKR
I was curious so I went to gunbroker and guys are asking $950-$1000 for 8lbs of RL26. At those prices I’m sitting on a fortune 😄

Fujicon

FNG
I've moved on. Not worth it.
You and me both bro. Alliant is history, will be plenty content to sit on what I got. Meanwhile, working up recipes for midwest powders to see what works best in my rifles. MP is the only game in town for 8lb under $200 (and no hazmat or shipping charges when bought from American Reloading).

Fujicon

FNG
I was curious so I went to gunbroker and guys are asking $950-$1000 for 8lbs of RL26. At those prices I’m sitting on a fortune 😄
I am more disgusted with morons who would pay that much for powder than the morons selling at that price.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I moved away from 300 win mag because I couldn’t find any good powder for it. People say use scarce but I’m sitting on 24lb (3x8lb) of h4895 that I don’t even use.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
You and me both bro. Alliant is history, will be plenty content to sit on what I got. Meanwhile, working up recipes for midwest powders to see what works best in my rifles. MP is the only game in town for 8lb under $200 (and no hazmat or shipping charges when bought from American Reloading).
Unfortunately, they only have two powders in stock, one of which is a shotgun powder.

Fujicon

FNG
Unfortunately, they only have two powders in stock, one of which is a shotgun powder.
Keep looking. Get on their notification system. They get different powders coming in regularly, but it also flies off the shelves quickly now that the "regular" powders have prices in the stratosphere. Just remember you'll need to develop your own loads. Might be a good idea if those of us developing Midwest loads shared our "recipes" for various powders/calibers, but I supposed that would invite liability issues...