Williams FP Legend #54251

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone heard of when Williams will either have these sight back in production or for sale again ? I've been
trying to find one for a year to put on my Knight. ANY help anyone.

Thanks , Jeff

Has anyone heard of when Williams will either have these sight back in production or for sale again ? I've been
trying to find one for a year to put on my Knight. ANY help anyone.

Thanks , Jeff

Williams keeps saying 6 months - but the have been saying this for more than 6 months now. You might find one (used) on E-Bay at some point.

You also could use a WRGS as a temporary peep until Williams really decides to make some.

Another thought and I NOT followed up on this you might get FP designed for a round top Remington receiver - then modify the base by drilling an additional hole to match the needs. The FP designed for a Knight also fits a Remington 541 22 rifle.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Sabotloader your the best . Your info is always GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks , Jeff

IdahoHntr

WKR
The FP A-Bolt should have the same hole spacing if you watch out for that one as well. It is discontinued, but after watching ebay for a couple weeks I found one. The flat bottom FP sights are just really hard to find right now, and like sabotloader said, they will give you the run around if you ask Williams directly. At one time they actually said they had a legend available on their site so I ordered it and then they call me almost 2 weeks later to tell me they canceled the order because they didn't have one in stock and they wouldn't have more in stock for 6 months. Not sure what their issues are, but I would definitely recommend watching ebay as that has been the most reliable place for me to find them.

Jeff, I just did some checking for another guy on this same subject... So I did some looking at Remington FP's they are all side receiver mounts - so back to square one - Williams WRGS as an alternative...

OR... maybe this one... The holes will not match but you could use the rear hole to the rear hole on a Knight and then forward of the rear hole drill a second hole

mike

Last edited:
I’m also following this thread, i emailed Williams actually two days ago with this same question and they told me could be at the minimum 6-8 weeks but the future is unknown at this time. Really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also following this thread, i emailed Williams actually two days ago with this same question and they told me could be at the minimum 6-8 weeks but the future is unknown at this time. Really weird

If this Williams FP-H&R works out I will let you know. I believe Ben another guy that I have been talking with is going to order one. No doubt there will be some modification needed but it MAY not be that much.

This link will take you to the Williams site and you can see a picture of the under side. It is built for a round receiver. The holes will not match but it would be very easy to drill the second.

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-fp-hr/

cgasner1

WKR
I called them and asked about it like 3 months ago guy on the phone said they moved building had no idea when they would make them again I asked him so your just going to miss the entire 2019 season the he chuckled and said yup we also missed 2018 I got lucky and my dad has the same
Gun I peeled his fp off and put the wgrs on lol

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed them also . No response yet . Ochocos mistakenly posted them last Dec. and I "bought" one. Shortly afterwards they emailed me and said that is was a mistake . That's the closest I've been to getting one in my hands. Hopefully they sink spurs and get busy building new ones . It's appearing they might be a hot little item.

If this Williams FP-H&R works out I will let you know. I believe Ben another guy that I have been talking with is going to order one. No doubt there will be some modification needed but it MAY not be that much.

This link will take you to the Williams site and you can see a picture of the under side. It is built for a round receiver. The holes will not match but it would be very easy to drill the second.

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-fp-hr/

Thanks I really do appreciate your help!

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
A close friend of mine here, and Local Sport Shop owner Ordered 1 of these FP Legends Directly from Williams Last year for his Knight Bighorn, it was about this same time last year, or very close abouts, and he has stil not Seen it. He recently called Williams about it and was told another 4-6 Weeks. It’s been a Full year for Him

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider

MissJordan, If you can get your hands on 1 of these you will like it! They are the next best thing to a Scope 👍 I can shoot my Peep sights just about as good as i can my Scoped Rifles. A peep Sight makes a BIG Difference, No comparison to regular Open sights.

How are you doing with the New Knight Ultra Light? I haven’t heard from ya in awhile, was hoping to see some AWESOME Groups on Target, Have you had a chance to Shoot it much?

MissJordan, If you can get your hands on 1 of these you will like it! They are the next best thing to a Scope I can shoot my Peep sights just about as good as i can my Scoped Rifles. A peep Sight makes a BIG Difference, No comparison to regular Open sights.

How are you doing with the New Knight Ultra Light? I haven’t heard from ya in awhile, was hoping to see some AWESOME Groups on Target, Have you had a chance to Shoot it much?

Thank you! I hope i can find one. I also emailed Lyman about their sights to see if there receiver sights may fit.

I’ll text you today, we shot the ultra lite couple weekends ago but need to put a scope on it to try and works some groups. The open sights are too hard for Mike and I for that kind of work

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered one of these on the phone from Williams. Said they just got them a couple days ago. Hopefully it's true...

IdahoHntr

WKR
I had been on Midways notification list for the FP legend and just got an email that they are in stock. So I would say Williams must have finally got some made!

WASmoke

FNG
New Ultralight is on it's way as my first muzzleloader. No scope allowed in WA so peep sights it is. From the excellent info on this sight it appears the best choices are the Williams FP Legend, WRGS or NECG on a scope base. Is that about right? And does the FP require modification of the stock?
Continuing to look on this sight for more information.

New Ultralight is on it's way as my first muzzleloader. No scope allowed in WA so peep sights it is. From the excellent info on this sight it appears the best choices are the Williams FP Legend, WRGS or NECG on a scope base. Is that about right? And does the FP require modification of the stock?
Continuing to look on this sight for more information.

The FP if/when it comes available would certainly be my choice for a reliable peep.

Williams-FP-Peep.jpg

But... to install a Ulite will require stock modification.

FP_-_Ulite.jpg

FP_Ulite_Stock.jpg

The Williams WRGS will install directly on the ULite without any problems. This is a picture of the WRGS on a White but basically same0 same0. and a lot less expensive than the NECG.

IMG-1349.jpg

These are pics of the NECG installation...

NECG-Weaver-Peep.jpg

NECG-a.jpg

Hopes some of this helps...

WASmoke

FNG
It does. Thanks for the feedback, I'll get on the order list. Nice job on inletting that sight.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Most places are now showing in stock sights. As usual Mike you are the Man! Great pictures and feedback. Good hunting to all.