Williams FP Legend #54251

For those that might be interested the Williams FP Legend is back in stock at Williams and are being sent to vendors

1602711470304.png

Even though it shows it with Target Knobs - I do not believe they will be on the model they ship.

Amazon says they have them also - but at that price they they very well could have Target knobs. The picture they are showing is not really a Legend but they have the correct Williams part number

For those that might be interested the Williams FP Legend is back in stock at Williams and are being sent to vendors

View attachment 224120

Even though it shows it with Target Knobs - I do not believe they will be on the model they ship.

Amazon says they have them also - but at that price they they very well could have Target knobs. The picture they are showing is not really a Legend but they have the correct Williams part number

Those didnt stay in stock very long.. lost my chance haha the wait begins again

FishN

FNG
Sabotloader, will you please attach a link to your write up mounting this site to the Knight Ultra-lite. Thanks

OP
sabotloader
Unfortunately, that's a link to Knight's website. It seems I read a write-up by you on mounting these sight to the ultra-light. It may have been titled Long Range Deer Muzzleloader.....?
O shoot I did send the wrong link... Let me see if I can find the right one...

Shoot I can not find the thread with that information... so

This picture shows the stock modification I had to do to allow the body of the sight to seat.

Stock_Mod.jpg

The next modification is to the sight to allow the bolt to be lifted without hitting the under side of the windage adjustment.

FP_Modification.jpg

You will also have to file the back side of the elevation bar to allow to come down along the side of the stock without touching.

Elevation-bar-bevel.png

Last edited:
So I used the non target model, I notched my stock a little more aggressively.
But I did no modification to the sight.
Everything works great. No bolt clearance problems.
20200110_100112.jpg20200110_100119.jpg

OP
sabotloader
These pics show another way to make the sight fit the Kevlar stock of the rifle. The method I suggested does not require altering the stock as much.

The height of the front sight will make a difference if the bolt modification is necessary. I went with the .343N fiber optic sight as it then appears to be more centered in the Fire Sight Hood - more like a scope might be.

FP_Ulite_Stock.jpg

FP_-_Ulite.jpg

I have decided to make the modification to the sight as it is much easier to remove/replace than the Kevlar stock if my options should change.

FishN

FNG
These pics show another way to make the sight fit the Kevlar stock of the rifle. The method I suggested does not require altering the stock as much.

The height of the front sight will make a difference if the bolt modification is necessary. I went with the .343N fiber optic sight as it then appears to be more centered in the Fire Sight Hood - more like a scope might be.

FP_Ulite_Stock.jpg

FP_-_Ulite.jpg

I have decided to make the modification to the sight as it is much easier to remove/replace than the Kevlar stock if my options should change.
Thank you for spending the time to write this up!!!

robie

WKR
Just to be sure the 54251 is the version that comes with the target knob right?

The 54250 is the same without the target knob?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

TFA

FNG
I have the Knight Disc Extreme. I was thinking of putting that peep sight on it. What would you guys recommend for the front sight setup with that in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sabotloader
I have the Knight Disc Extreme. I was thinking of putting that peep sight on it. What would you guys recommend for the front sight setup with that in mind?

This is what I use... and really do like. Not sure Brownells has all of these parts in stock. I do believe MidwayUSA does have all the parts.

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

Williams Front Sight Combinations
Two screws for the ramp... These are from Brownells

p_962020097_1.jpg

962-020-097WB

Streamlined Ramp 3/16" Screw-on

Mfr Part: 1690

I believe Williams says a .375N front sight for this application - I prefer a .343N as it fit closer to center under a fires sight hood.

p_962564320_1.jpg

Red Fire Sight fits 343N

Mfr Part: 56435

Fire Sight Hood

Mfr Part: 70031

One thing I would add - I do change the fiber optic out to a green rod. To me it gives me a better target contrast.

Green_Fiber.jpg

TFA

FNG
Thank You. I ordered up the parts. Excited to get them installed.

Last edited:

nphunter

WKR
I installed my target peep on my UL this morning. I adjusted the peep up all the way to where the screw came lose and cut everything below that out. I didn’t lose any range doing it this way and didn’t have to modify my stock.
After messing around the peep actually aligns better with the front Lyman globe if I mount it in front of the bolt instead of behind. Behind the bolt I had a lot of air around the peep housing, in front it perfectly aligns with the front for me.

I have only seen them mounted behind the bolt, in front sure seems like a much better place to me? Maybe not all rifles are drilled in both spots? Anyway hope it works as well as I think it will. I still have over .5” of up adjustment which is probably more than I’ll use.

Cut the lower part of the slide off 5B52B49A-CB90-426C-BF6A-33575C650ECA.jpegCleaned the cut up with a file
6D22ECC7-37FE-4310-B25C-58C7ABFBAF56.jpeg
My wife only had black with sparkles in her nail polish bag
C393096B-BDF4-4D6A-AE3F-1FB4CE0D4A10.jpeg
Mounted pretty nice right in front of the bolt. Can’t wait to try it out.
457125C5-6248-4F2B-BDAC-AB6DF1B68946.jpeg

Last edited:

DavePwns

WKR
I installed my target peep on my UL this morning. I adjusted the peep up all the way to where the screw came lose and cut everything below that out. I didn’t lose any range doing it this way and didn’t have to modify my stock.
After messing around the peep actually aligns better with the front Lyman globe if I mount it in front of the bolt instead of behind. Behind the bolt I had a lot of air around the peep housing, in front it perfectly aligns with the front for me.

I have only seen them mounted behind the bolt, in front sure seems like a much better place to me? Maybe not all rifles are drilled in both spots? Anyway hope it works as well as I think it will. I still have over .5” of up adjustment which is probably more than I’ll use.

Cut the lower part of the slide off View attachment 245830Cleaned the cut up with a file
View attachment 245831
My wife only had black with sparkles in her nail polish bag
View attachment 245832
Mounted pretty nice right in front of the bolt. Can’t wait to try it out.
View attachment 245833
That's a good idea, what range are you getting out to with this set up?

nphunter

WKR
That's a good idea, what range are you getting out to with this set up?

I haven't totally got it dialed in yet. I'm guessing 250-300 which is plenty far for me. Right now it is about 1/4 of the way up and on at 100, we haven't really had the weather here to do much shooting.