Williams FP Rear Sight for Picatinny?

CP6

FNG
I’m trying to figure out how to put a Williams FB sight on a CVA. I saw a conversion on another forum using a flat base Williams FB (not sure which model it was) and attaching it to a flat scope base. Seemed slick but I’m a) not sure which Williams FP model he used and b) it would be great if I could use the existing picatinny MOA rail to get a little extra distance and not have to pull it off to attach a rear peep with elevation adjustment in the field.

Any thoughts on suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
j.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I’m trying to figure out how to put a Williams FB sight on a CVA. I saw a conversion on another forum using a flat base Williams FB (not sure which model it was) and attaching it to a flat scope base. Seemed slick but I’m a) not sure which Williams FP model he used and b) it would be great if I could use the existing picatinny MOA rail to get a little extra distance and not have to pull it off to attach a rear peep with elevation adjustment in the field.

Any thoughts on suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
j.

It is a pain to try to find the right model that will match the hole distance on the scope base and have a flat bottom for mounting to the flat scope base. I did it on my Traditions with a Willam FP-A-Bolt-TK I got off ebay. The Traditions I own requires the exact same scope base as the CVAs, so that sight model would work for your gun as well, but I'm pretty sure that model is discontinued. I'm not sure what other models would fit, after looking at their website I honestly don't know if they make a model that would work with this method any more. You need a model with a flat mounting base so that it can mount flush with the flat scope base and a matching hole distance with the scope base. You could get around matching the hole distance if you wanted to drill and tap the scope base, to accept the screws from whatever flat bottom FP sight you could find, but that would create more work and multiple connections. It would work though.

As is I still had to counter bore the sight, and find longer screws that would go all the way through both the sight and the scope base. It ended up working well, it just took me some time to find all the parts I needed to make it work. Whenever you find a sight that works, you will also want to make sure it has the target knobs or get them ordered separate from Williams. Now that they actually make the basic Williams peep sight for CVA muzzleloaders, the only reason to go with the FP is to try dialing distance, and that is basically useless without the target knobs.