Williams gun sight in low light conditions

Have any of you guys had issues with this sight in low light conditions? From an accuracy standpoint, It appears far superior than the stock true glow sights on my CVA Accura. But I am concerned about not being able to see the front sight in the last 10 minutes of legal light. Anyone try painting the front crosshairs?
363db6b2d429e781c3f3508b91cbadac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t painted Mine yet but I have the same exact setup and was thinking’s the same thing.

I tried that and it didn’t seem to make that much difference. I used fingernail polish. You might try just painting the center dot

Id recommend painting the front crosshair, I will be this year. Last year I almost had a serious issue when I looked down the rifle at my moose....black crosshair on black moose was not ideal.

I have the same setup and like it so far, but the low light difficulty could be of concern. Anyone who has painted it find a color that works best? I was thinking white, or bright in orange/pink/green? Glow in the dark isn’t a bad idea. Knowing CPW I feel like they would have an issue with that though lol.

Glow in the dark should be legal, as is fiberopric. But it is such a thin band of paint, not sure it would help that much.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Tossing this to the top. I am looking at adding a rear peep to my ML and deciding between the globe front (shot one on a 22lr mid day and slick as can be... never tried in low light) or using an ivory/pearl front bead (and cutting the target in half with the top of the front bead).

Not enough experience with peap sights or globe sights in low light. Is that the nature of the beast? More precise but lose the light faster?

I have the Western Precision Muzzleloader sight shown above and put it on my CVA Accura. I mounted it with the peep screwed to the hole closest to the breech plug and could not get the darn thing to come up to bullseye level at 100 yards. I had to remount the peep to the 4 hole furthest from the breech and slide the peep ramp all the way forward to the point that the set screw is barely able to bite. Gun is now shooting 1 inch high at 100 and those crosshairs are going to be a biatch in low light. I may end up shooting my trusty Bighorn instead of this new fancy gun.

Razco

FNG
I tried those sights this year and had a horrible time in the low light and brush situations that whitetail hunting presents. For open terrain and range use they are great however. Not useful anywhere else really. I'm currently trying to find an archery sight size (.019" or .029") fiberoptic front sight instead of the factory CVA size (it's .055" and way to big in my eyes).

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I tried those sights this year and had a horrible time in the low light and brush situations that whitetail hunting presents. For open terrain and range use they are great however. Not useful anywhere else really. I'm currently trying to find an archery sight size (.019" or .029") fiberoptic front sight instead of the factory CVA size (it's .055" and way to big in my eyes).

Let me know what you find. I had looked into the fiber optic sights but also found that thet are too big in diameter.

Tried them and couldn’t zero my encore.
Yanked them off and mounted a Williams micrometer peep in the rear holes and reinstalled my front fiber optic sight and it zeroed great. I prefer the micro rear as I can make finer more precise adjustments.