Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rokslide and SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear have teamed up once again to bring the Rokslide membership another exciting opportunity to win free SKRE Gear. Winners will be randomly selected from the list of contributors on or about October 3rd by SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear staff.
Link to the 1st giveaway --> Here winner of SKRE Lost Peak Jacket @stonewall
Link to the 2nd giveaway --> HERE winner of Kaibab 150 SS top @Ndbowhunter

Rokslider's here is your opportunity to be one of the first to receive the Kaibab 150 Long Sleeve

1600465796283.png

Cool mornings and hot afternoons often create a challenge when layering for early season hunts, which is why we created the Kaibab 150 LS crew. The Kaibab 150 was designed as a core layering powerhouse for early season hunts. Whether you are sitting a stand or sprinting to intercept your quarry, the Kaibab 150 thrives in warm weather by recruiting its natural merino fibers to manage moisture allowing you to stay cool, dry, and fixated on success. Additionally, we utilize a Core-spun process by spiral mating merino fibers with synthetic fibers for enhanced memory and durability.

Entering is simple -- Check your favorite base layer, silk, or merino wool, or synthetic fiber, in the poll and also post your answer and why its your favorite in the thread. Contest will run between now and October 3rd. Everyone can enter one time and will receive a bonus entry for posting up what your favorite base layer is.

***RULES***

To be eligible to win a participating member will have a minimum of 25 posts by the stated deadline of October 3rd AND agree to post a first impressions of the Kaibab 150 merino wool long sleeve in the SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews thread. Failure to comply with or attempt to bypass any rules will result in swift disciplinary measures up to and including permanent banning from the community.

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
*** Example***

I voted for merino wool because I love the no stink aspect after wearing multiple days.
Favorite piece right now is SKRE Kaibab 1/4 zip top.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I voted for merino wool as I not only love the no stink component of the material, but also the fast drying abilities compared to cotton (I know synthetics can dry faster, but they always stink after a few hours on me). My favorite piece right now is First Lite's Wick Short Boxer Brief.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Merino for sure. Love that I can wear a single top for 4-5+ days without throwing up from my own stank.

I usually grab my old C4E layers during archery season for lightweight top. Bottoms I'm usually in BlackOvis boxers and long john's.

TC406

FNG
Merino for sure, but I like a little sinthetic blended in there as well. No stink, no itch, cool when its warm, warm when its cool. My favorite base layer at the moment is an OLD 1/4 zip merino patigonia. Would live to get into some Skre though!

2ski

WKR
Merino wool....of course. For the same reasons as above. I have a conglomeration of C4E(curious how many of the current young bucks on Rokslide know that abbreviation. Lol) and First Lite. I know this is hunting specific but if I'm skiing I still love my UA heat gear shirt and cold gear bottoms. They're like over a decade old but I like em.

coelk81

FNG
I voted for Merino Wool. I started with merino wool socks, then using it as layer system when I was working on the ranch in the winter. My wife and son use my merino wool tops and bottoms while whitewater kayaking in the winter as well. Superior performance and comfort is second to none IMO.

I take you mean "Winners will be randomly selected from the list of contributors on or about October 6th", instead of September 6? Or am I missing something?

Rob5589

WKR
I'll be the lone synthetic guy :ROFLMAO:
I tried merino but couldn't wear it having eczema. Luckily I am not a stanky guy, even after several days.

*Don't enter my name, thanks!

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I think some synthetics are superior for keeping you dry but every synthetic I've ever used has stunk in a day or 2 and wool lasts way longer. So I picked wool.

Rodéo

WKR
Merino beats out synthetic but just barely. I don't like getting cold in synthetic when I sweat out. Even though synthetic dries faster then merino, I'm rarely shivering w/ a wet merino baselayer.

Merino wool... stay warm if wet, the stink issue, comfy... I use and have used smartwool for years.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I voted merino, but most of my merino is blended with synthetic. Soft, warm when wet, regulates temps when hot, doesn't stink. However, thin synthetics last like 20 times longer.

KurtR

WKR
I am a synthetic guy. What ever Sitka does I can wear it for days with out stinking. It dries fast and keeps me warm. More times than not keeping warm is my concern rifle hunting.