• Synthetic Fiber

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wseidel

WKR
Merino wool was my greatest improvement in clothing in some time - boxers, tops, hooded tops, long underwear. Provides warmth, relatively quick drying AND no smell...so far! I have purchased the Black Ovis brand items when on sale - very satisfied.

Pezboat

WKR
I voted for merino. As a run and gun whitetail hunter, I’m always sweating by the time I get to my stand. I like merino because when the shirt is soaked, it smells like wet wool and not a sweaty man.

I want to like synthetic because of durability but even polygiene doesn’t work that well imo so the nod goes to merino.

I’ve had a medley of different brands, weights and materials but my favorite are a pair of smartwool 250 weight bottoms. Got them for $33 at department store of all places but I can’t tell any difference with the ones at the rack at REI

Oregonboy

WKR
I like the feel of merino and the quietness of it. The not stinking is a bonus. I couldn’t believe the difference in comfort after spending some cash on good wool.

hewittja

FNG
I really like merino! Mostly because it dries quickly and I am not too repulsive on my way back.

Merino wool. 1 short sleeve and 1 long sleeve can last a week long hunt without feeling gross...i may still feel gross but the material doesn't. First lite and icebreaker are my go to brands as of now.

Seth

WKR
Been a merino fan for many years as I like the feel of the material and it doesn’t stink like the synthetics I’ve tried.

Felix40

WKR
I’m a merino fan. Most likely only because I’ve never invested in any nice base layers that were anything else.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Merino for sure, I can get it to dry fast on windy days or hanging off the back of my pack. I like to bring two base layers, one for the hike in then change once at spike camp. I like the FL wick right now..

Vossman5

FNG
I like all the wool clothes I have, just need to add more and heavier/ lighter ones.

Rangerpants

Lil-Rokslider
No question: merino. Keeps you warm, won't stink, and is still comfortable in warm weather too! First Lite baselayers and an Icebreaker jacket are my favorite merino pieces so far.

Boomtakem2

Lil-Rokslider
Merino all the way! Have never gone back to synthetics after first use. I stink up cloths after a couple days, and merino certainly helps lesson the stink.

bozeman

WKR
I voted synthetic. Quick drying and I have never had an issue with smell. Does the job for me!

appreciate the opportunity to do this!