Win Free Glassing Mitts

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
Here I sit my hands a freezing, trying to glass but the winds a breezing.
I've tried about every type of glove, but they just don't keep my fingers snug.
If I had a good pair of mitts, up on this rock I'd all day sit.

Many a day spent glassing with cold hands
Would love to give them a try, thanks for the opportunity.

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
I would use a pair during the Kansas deer seasons because where I hunt it is nearly impossible to stay
out of the wind and my hands/fingers are always the first to go.

Legend

WKR
I always make time for a backcountry late November mule deer hunt on Montana’s rocky mountain front. And one thing you can count on is wind and cold. Running the Swarovski scope for hours on end would without a doubt be a more manageable task.....if I could feel my fingers.

CorbLand

WKR
It can get pretty cold around here during the rifle hunt and a good pair of gloves makes all the difference. These would also be useful on the late season scouting trips looking for bulls or rutting bucks.

Savage99

WKR
Keeping my hands warm has always seemed like a losing battle. I would use these on late rifle hunts for mule deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
I hear these stop the spread of covid and maybe these would let my wife come hunting with her always cold hands.

Thanks for the giveaway!

My wife and I love the outdoors but the cold seems to bite more now in our senior years. Having a great set of glassing mits sure would help our tolerance to stay just a little longer.

f7r2JYl.jpg

I work outside about half the time and would love to use 'em when I'm on equipment (atv,tractor) during the winter. Even though it doesn't get super cold here in Mississippi, hands will freeze while driving an ATV first thing in the morning!

While certainly not my favorite story, I was hunting ND whitetails in last December and the temps were -32 without wind chill. Long story short, I ended up getting frostbite while gripping my bow waiting for a shot on a big, dark horned, 5x5. He never gave me the shot and my finger tips were froze solid. Since that night, my fingers still get numb when the temps drop below 40 degrees. I'd love the opportunity to try these out when the temps start to drop.

Felix40

WKR
I have another December archery elk tag this year. It’s a glassing heavy hunt with a 100% chance of cold. I was successful last year but packing around lined leather mittens sure gets old. I bet I could get some blood on new mits and give them a good test next month.EB759D8D-9FEC-4DEF-9648-9EEF04EF7ACB.jpeg

OldGrayJB

WKR
Those would have been nice to have two weeks ago in CO. I'd use them a lot in a whitetail stand.

First buck of mine in 2013. Boy I could have used some good mitts this day. It was -2 F when I left the truck. Despite plenty of pressure the deer were down in the public feeding hard in the food plots the state plants. After freezing my jiblets and messing up a couple better bucks I killed this one. I didn't really know what to do so I called a friend and he came over right away. He played a YouTube video detailing how to gut a deer and I did as he said. We had to drag him a literal mile! Back at the truck you can see I shed my jacket and gloves but it was still 0 F. That deer froze solid by the time I got him home.

Attachments

• 2013 buck.jpg
    2013 buck.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 21

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I’m counting this early season bear as a late Hunt because it was cold.

I’m in az so what I think of as normal cold probably isn’t. Cold snap came in with a bit of snow before my hunt. My only sleeping bag is a 30 degree one and my only tents are pretty cheap but I figured I’d be able to sleep in some clothes to keep warm, I was wrong. High single digits were the lows at night and there was a biter wind that seemed to cut through the tent. I made it three nights and ended up coming home. Sure wish I had some mitts to keep me warm

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The SKRE guys are in Colorado for 4th season and couldn't get enough service to post up the winner so I'll have to do it here.

@Felix40 Congratulations pm me your shipping info.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Running and hunting in subzero temps here in North Dakota make hunts a bit shorter. I always double layer my gloves in the attempt to keep.my.trigger finger warm enough to feel the squeeze. Having a solid set of gloves would allow me trigger time and more fur to fly.
582c54cac5a2d921c3c76acedfa51de3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
Deer hunting in the woods below my house with my son. I think he's finally old enough to tag along.