Win70 pre64 - lightweight stock options

Have seen a few folks on here with pre64 lighter weight rifles. Can I ask what stocks you've used, and resulting weights, with/without optics if known.

I've a Pre64 FWT being rebarreled with a 24" Krieger #1 @ Long Rifles Inc, and am now looking at stock options. Would really like Brown Pound'r (8 months out), also considering MCM Edge.

Got a 308 Winchester featherweight. Slapped a 14 oz scope on with Talley rings.

Ordered and installed a McMillan featherweight stock with the edge fill.

Rifle weighs 8 lbs fully loaded, scopes and slung. It feels perfect and has just enough weight to make offhand shots easier.

If you wanna shave even more weight then you could order the stock to be made for a blind mag.

Or just buy a Kimber Montana and hope it shoots right.

Mike S

FNG
I have 2 pre 64s in McMillan hunters edge stocks. A 30-06 with aluminum bottom metal, FWT barrel and 2.5x8 Leupold weighs 7 3/8 pounds and a 6.5-06 with steel bottom metal, a Rock No.2 and Mark 4 10x weighs 8.25 pounds. S&K rings on both.

Out of curiousity how long has LRI had your m70? They’ve had mine for almost a month with no updates on their system beyond it being checked in.

OP
BustedProp
Out of curiousity how long has LRI had your m70? They’ve had mine for almost a month with no updates on their system beyond it being checked in.

Was a full 6 months turnaround. Finally had to call several times. Very nice workmanship, but took a very long time with no response to emails.

handwerk

WKR
Between the kids I we have 7 pre 64 model 70 fwt's in MCM edge stocks, with a swaro Z3 scope in talley lightweights and williams BM they are all between 7.5 and 8lbs, which to me is a great weight for carrying and shooting.