Sold Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .280 Rem + Timney

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn...just got approval from the treasury secretary. Someone got a good deal.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rifle, very nice, and controlled round feed to boot! It's a pretty rifle but even pretty rifles need to / deserve to be hunted! The 280 Remington is a sweet cartridge too that is fast and accurate. 140 gr. Nosler Accubonds or Partitions will be the cats meow! IMR4350 or H4350 are always good starting points as I H4831SC. Also some newer powders out one could try.

I had a 280 Remington and loved it, but sold it after I finally decided I wanted to get a Model 70 with the controlled round feed. I did not want the featherweight with the 22" barrel though and I preferred a 24" barrel. That meant if I wanted Winchester I was going to have to build one. So I did!

I have a Winchester Model 70 Classic sporter that became a custom rifle with a 24" Shilen match grade stainless barrel. I debated about chambering it in 280 Remington or 280 Ackley Improved. I decided for fun I would do the 280 AI. Love that thing. You will love yours too. For all of us here, please hunt with it. It is just screaming to be taken out there in the woods. I killed a very nice grizzly bear this year in Alaska with my 280 AI. 280's rock!

OP
fightthenoise
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Nice rifle, very nice, and controlled round feed to boot! It's a pretty rifle but even pretty rifles need to / deserve to be hunted! The 280 Remington is a sweet cartridge too that is fast and accurate. 140 gr. Nosler Accubonds or Partitions will be the cats meow! IMR4350 or H4350 are always good starting points as I H4831SC. Also some newer powders out one could try.

I had a 280 Remington and loved it, but sold it after I finally decided I wanted to get a Model 70 with the controlled round feed. I did not want the featherweight with the 22" barrel though and I preferred a 24" barrel. That meant if I wanted Winchester I was going to have to build one. So I did!

I have a Winchester Model 70 Classic sporter that became a custom rifle with a 24" Shilen match grade stainless barrel. I debated about chambering it in 280 Remington or 280 Ackley Improved. I decided for fun I would do the 280 AI. Love that thing. You will love yours too. For all of us here, please hunt with it. It is just screaming to be taken out there in the woods. I killed a very nice grizzly bear this year in Alaska with my 280 AI. 280's rock!

I’m right there with you. Big .280 fan. My custom build partially funded by this sale will be chambered in .280 AI. I’ll never be without a .280 in the safe (or in the woods!) for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.