Winchester Quality

EmperorMA

WKR
I have been around and owned a few. Perhaps the best quality Winchester has produced since 1964. I have owned Winchester rifles since 1973, including a couple of the vaunted pre-'64 versions.

And if push came to shove, and you're willing to admit that the old trigger is a relic, I'd say the best ever. I know the barrels are, for sure.

Underpriced IMHO compared to some other stuff that grabs $1,500 - 2,000. I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new M70 Featherweight Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor. I would follow that up with a M70 Extreme Weather in 6.8 Western and I'd be GTG for the rest of my years.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The quality is great. I have 2 extreme weather model 70s a 30-06 and a 338wm, fit and finish is great and they shoot really well.

I have a few older winchesters which are also nice though, a few stainless classics, a 375HH and an all terrain 270. both of those are excellent too.

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely love my new(er) Win Model 70 Ext Weather SS in .300wm

03mossy

WKR
Im really considering the new model 70 Extreme tungsten TrueTimber model in 300 wm. Just need to find one!

Elkhntr08

WKR
My 70 in .325wsm will shoot dime size groups all day will 200 grain Partitions. Swapped out the Super Grade stock for a laminate.

I’d say yes. Especially the $849 Featherweights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where are you finding these for that price? Everything I have seen has them around $1100. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
Where are you finding these for that price? Everything I have seen has them around $1100. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bass Pro has them for $899 now. Last fall Winchester had $50 rebates on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been around and owned a few. Perhaps the best quality Winchester has produced since 1964. I have owned Winchester rifles since 1973, including a couple of the vaunted pre-'64 versions.

And if push came to shove, and you're willing to admit that the old trigger is a relic, I'd say the best ever. I know the barrels are, for sure.

Underpriced IMHO compared to some other stuff that grabs $1,500 - 2,000. I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new M70 Featherweight Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor. I would follow that up with a M70 Extreme Weather in 6.8 Western and I'd be GTG for the rest of my years.
Thinking about the same thing in western.

morgaj1

WKR
I’ll be the odd man out. I had a Mod 70 Ext Weather that shot great but would not feed correctly. It went back to Winchester twice, and was finally fixed the 2nd time. I lost trust in it and sold it.

Grumman

WKR
I’ll be the odd man out. I had a Mod 70 Ext Weather that shot great but would not feed correctly. It went back to Winchester twice, and was finally fixed the 2nd time. I lost trust in it and sold it.

What was it chambered in?

Grumman

WKR
Gotcha I was wondering if it was a short mag or a harder to feed case. I don’t blame you after two trips back to the factory I would be done with the rifle also.