Winchester Supergrade vs. Weatherby Mark V?

bachunt

FNG
Have a Winchester Featherlight in .300 WM, a little disappointed with the play in the action. When the bolt is closed there are no issues, but lots of wiggle when open. For my next rifle, I am looking at something nicer, hopefully in .243 win or something comparable. What are your opinions on the Winchester Supergrade vs. Weatherby Mark V? Thanks

Spoonbill

WKR
I think you will find play in the action with any rifle. I would go and handle both and compare to see which one you like more.

Bghntr416

FNG
I have a classic supergrade in 338. Slick action. Very nice. My 340 weatherby has less play but that makes no difference to me. The real difference is in the stock design, bolt lift, stock finish, and action type-control round feed vs push feed. I prefer the model 70 but it is just my preference. Handle both if you can. Also pick up a featherweight M70. My favorite of the 3.

ChemE

FNG
I have 3 rifles I hunt with, a pre64 model 70 super grade feather weight in 308, a CA Mesa in 6.5cm and a Weatherby accumark in 30- 378nand all 3 have about the same amount of play in the bolt. Just the way it is.