Wind effects on bullets????

Dcrafton

WKR
Simple question??
Does the wind have more effect on the bullet at the rifle or the target when shooting long range either at the range or hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the calculation out to your desired range you could see the effect per 100 yards or whatever you wanted. I would guess that the effect would be greater per distance interval closer to the target.

huntnful

WKR
At the rifle. if it's blown off path at the rifle barrel, it continues that trajectory for the whole distance. As opposed to a crosswind in a canyon half way there. Then it's redirected for roughly half it's flight.

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
So, if your reading the wind before the shot, the wind is more critical at the shooter than at the target. If you identify the wind directly at the rifle to be 1 o’clock but 2 o’clock at the target, do you still dial or hold for the 1 o’clock

Last edited:
So, if your reading the wind before the shot, the wind is more critical at the shooter than at the target

I would agree with the other posts in this situation. Wind at the shooter will have a greater effect on the bullet path over the distance than a wind further down range.