Wind resistance layer

P Carter

WKR
Just ordered a mountain hardwear kor preshell since it was on sale and about half the price of the BD start. Good reviews on breathability. I'll report back. Only problem was the sale color was red and not earth tone. Hoping that's not a big deal as deer can't see reds and I'd only use it for when I'm active. It does come in camo if I really like it and then can just pay original price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm thinking of picking up this exact jacket--good deals out there on this jacket. Any feedback?

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm thinking of picking up this exact jacket--good deals out there on this jacket. Any feedback?
I'm not sure how I missed this, so sorry for the extremely delayed response. The Kor Preshell is pretty good I would say as an active wind blocking layer. It's very breathable and light and weighs almost nothing, but I'm not sure I would pay full price for it. It's horrible in any kind of wet weather, but maybe that's just the DWR coming off. I actually got an OR Ferrosi that I wear more often at the 9 oz penalty as I find it more versatile. I also have a Marmot windbreaker vest but that has a thin fleece coating in it so not as light or breathable as the other two. Still haven't found the perfect layer combo while being as light as possible.

P Carter

WKR
I'm not sure how I missed this, so sorry for the extremely delayed response. The Kor Preshell is pretty good I would say as an active wind blocking layer. It's very breathable and light and weighs almost nothing, but I'm not sure I would pay full price for it. It's horrible in any kind of wet weather, but maybe that's just the DWR coming off. I actually got an OR Ferrosi that I wear more often at the 9 oz penalty as I find it more versatile. I also have a Marmot windbreaker vest but that has a thin fleece coating in it so not as light or breathable as the other two. Still haven't found the perfect layer combo while being as light as possible.
No worries! I picked it up for 50ish on sale and it works for my purposes: active pursuits in dry weather. I have an OR helium that I throw on if it’s wet. Works pretty darn well, but far from perfect. If there’s any chance of rain, I end up either just carrying the Helium or both. So I’m satisfied but it’s an ongoing process.