Window mount for spotter

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a window mount that can be used with a fluid head. I didn’t know if anyone has any experience with that I get tired of trying to move around my little cheapo Simmons window mount with my vortex razor 85 mm spotter. I see manfrotto has a little mount that would work but the reviews aren’t good. I’m planning on buying a bento S2 or sirui va-5 to use with my tripod. I’d like to be able to use on of those heads. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Can't help you on those. I use the Outdoorsmans window mount with their pan head. My tripod has an Outdoorsmans quick attach that holds the head also, so it works on either. That way all my optics can have the same shoe that just stays on them and it works wherever I want to use it.

twall13

WKR
Not sure if it's what you were referring to in your original post but I have a Manfrotto 243 and it works well. You can attach just about any head to it. I swap out the head on my main tripod setup and use it on the window mount so the controls are the same.

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if it's what you were referring to in your original post but I have a Manfrotto 243 and it works well. You can attach just about any head to it. I swap out the head on my main tripod setup and use it on the window mount so the controls are the same.

That’s the mount I was talking about some reviews I read said the rubber price came off right away. Yours is holding up well?

twall13

WKR
I've had mine for going on 2 years and it's still working well. I admittedly don't glass as much from a window as I do from a tripod but it's still seen a fair bit of use without issue. It resides in my truck door, banging around until I need it. I hadn't read that they pads fall off but when I was searching it was about the only thing short of an outdoorsman setup that fit what I was looking for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don't get the Bushnell, it sucks. I'm probably going to buy that Manfrotto unless this thread steers me somewhere else.

wytx

WKR
We use a Vanguard PH 304 and an older all metal Bushnell similar to the Cabelas window mount. Both work fine on our Sawro spotter. Have had the older mount forever, bought the Vanguard when we couldn't find it one year.

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone recognize the one that Jared scheffler uses on whitetail adrenaline?

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up ordering the manfrotto 243 and a benro s2

twall13

WKR
Keep is posted how you like it and if you ever run into any issues with the rubber padding.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk