Window mount ?

fbhandler

WKR
Was wondering if anyone knew where I can get” just” the window mount for a spotter... Since I got my own ball head and plates I’m on the search for a mount that will accept my ball head (standard 3/8-16).

Any help much appreciated !

Last edited:

Trr15

WKR
Outdoorsman’s makes a solid window mount. Should work with your ball head with the addition of a single quick release adapter plate (I would assume).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fbhandler

fbhandler

WKR
Just an update... found this at B&H for just over $16. It’s a solid little unit (aluminum I think) for anyone in the same boat.
aa4b718ce18b908e1904aea3a3769b3c.jpg
c3b56feeaa277413d78d027d5c65516e.jpg

OP
fbhandler

fbhandler

WKR
I just ordered one of these on Amazon for the same reason as you. Looks like a good option.

Yeah... I’m pretty happy with it. I’m never using my tripod and window mount at the same time, so it just makes sense. Plus it keeps all my QD plates all the same. Win/win for me... not so much for the folks tryin to sell more stuff. I would have thought more people would be wanting to use the ball head/plate set up they already have, but the few retailer’s I spoke to didn’t seem to think there was much of a demand for it.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Outdoorsman’s makes a solid window mount. Should work with your ball head with the addition of a single quick release adapter plate (I would assume).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 on this. Can't recommend this system enough to people.

My mount weighs several pounds. I like the one you found. I actually do use my tripod and window mount simultaneously (get out of truck and hike over an edge with tripod, etc.). But my tripod came with a head I don't use, so it would go on that mount very nicely.

Many thanks for posting.