Wing shooting, what do you all use?

During trad league this past winter we shot a bunch of flying targets. If you haven’t tried that, you definitely need to!

Anyway, I’m planning a early fall goose hunt, and depending how it goes I want to bring the recurve. Obviously, I plan to use some flu flus, (Large field, no dogs running around, etc) but what heads do you all prefer for your wing shooting? I’m planning geese, so I think I should use a broadhead to bring those tough birds down. What about pheasant and ducks? You guys shoot any big judo points with success? Or those snaro heads at all? I’m guessing those snaro type heads for small stuff like doves (good luck trying to hit those little rockets).

Any and all other tips would be appreciated, I wasn’t able to find a thread like this.

OP
bjfoxhoven
I just put a washer behind my FP's.
You think for geese this would work to take them down too then? I’ve never heard of this but love the idea. You use 3/4” or what? Whatever you have left probably 😂

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Geese and ducks we used broadheads and would often use those judo backings on them.. for pheasants judos... never had much luck with snaros personally but i didn't shoot them that often either.

I'd probably use broadheads for any flying critters. Flu-Flu's work by slowing the arrow down, so a blunt is not going to deliver nearly as much energy on impact. You want something that will penetrate easily.

OP
bjfoxhoven
Yeah I plan on using a broadhead for sure for geese. They are too tough for something else. I was jus topping for Info on everything bird shooting. Whether it’s sneaking up on the geese and shooting them off a pond/ground (where legal) or shooting pheasants with a dog etc. @Beendare how do those washers work for a judo point, stump shooting, etc? That set up probably negates you having to buy judos for small game?

And thanks for the info gents, I couldn’t find much on the topic. I listened to a podcast by remi warren (small game hunting) where he talked about sneaking up on ducks and shooting them off ponds, he always used broadheads for them.