Wingbone yelpers

Decided to try to make some wingbone calls from the gobblers me and my buddy killed. It was a pretty damn fun project. I wish I would have used thread and acrylic instead of painting and epoxying the joints like I did, but they'll work.

14244155865_3be2afe9d3_c.jpg

14244151995_4baf3fb4e2_c.jpg

14057564237_22c3395755_c.jpg

Looking good! Funny this came up as I was on a project startup trip last week in Indiana and talking hunting with a guy there and he gave me one of his wing bone calls he made. I will post a photo later. It's not purdy like yours, but it's shorter and he used a drilled out deer antler for the last tail section, which I thought was cool. I've been practicing on it this week and it certainly is taking me some work to make it sound half way decent! I still have one of three turkey tags left so I may try for another bird and give this a try and see if I can scare anything off...:)

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Those are good looking calls. I made a couple a few years back( not as fancy as yours) but still have'nt killed a bird with them . The wingbone and a tube call are about the only calls I've not killed a bird with. All in due time I guess. Gotta keep practicing.

OP
quackaddict
Thanks guys. They aren't near as fancy as some...I actually think they're a little crude, but in a "native" way.

Dangerous, that antler call is pretty cool looking.

Aron, I've probably got 4 hrs or so in each one...including 45-ish minutes of boiling them