Winnerwell Fastfold Titanium Stove

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Well, I ordered this bad boy. I've been looking for a beefer Ti stove. Think I may have found it. Plus I hate putting together stoves in the backcountry. This stove might solve that problem too. I will post more once I get it.

Looks nice. I have not gotten into researching stoves much. At 4lbs how does it compare to other similar size stoves?

So, comparing it to my Seek Outside XL titanium, the Fastfold is about 450ci smaller, about a pound heavier, and about $20 cheaper. It does appear to be waay easier to set up than the SO though. It also appears to be more sturdy than the SO, just by the looks of it and the leg configuration.

Edit: Actually the Fastfold is probably much closer to the wt. of the SO XL, because SO doesn't include the stove pipe in their stove wt., and it looks like the Fastfold does.

Last edited:

Buck2747

FNG
I own this stove no complaints so far the stove pipe is a bit cumbersome at first 9‘ roll is a bit of a pain compared to sectional pipe offered by the others. I like the ease of assembly, no small parts to drop with frozen fingers in the snow.

tdot

WKR
That stove looks interesting, please keep us updated. But wow is that company dedicated to hipster glamping at its finest.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I own this stove no complaints so far the stove pipe is a bit cumbersome at first 9‘ roll is a bit of a pain compared to sectional pipe offered by the others. I like the ease of assembly, no small parts to drop with frozen fingers in the snow.

Do you have any other ti stove to compare to on burn times?

ZDR

WKR
Are the Winnerwell walls thick enough to hold and radiate heat after the fire burns down? is it relatively airtight?

thanks!

Buck2747

FNG
I do not This one was my first stove purchased I looked at others online and did my own comparison a little more wieght on the winner well, but the lack of small parts to loose put it over the top for me. I wanted a box for melting snow for water and cooking on.. the cylinders cannot do well or efficiently.. as for heat hold none of the stoves hood heat after the fire dies walls are too thin..

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
ebb2f1d7d8c8ccfb38c81ff0646a4398.jpg

One of the few stoves I’ve had that actually weight about what they have as their listed weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like it weighs about the same as my Ruta Locura stove, but seems like it will assemble easier. The RL just has a bigger firebox. Interested to hear what you think of this one @Ryan Avery

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lil dude

FNG
Any follow up on this......I have the Seek 8 man tepee and xl stove......the tepees awesome and the stove is light but have never been overly impressed with it. Puts out a lot of smoke at times as it doesn’t draft very well plus like many have said I hate setting it up.

Keep us posted....

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased one of these and used it during the 2019 season. I purchased it for ease of set-up and it did not disappoint. It is the only Ti stove I own but the others just looked to complicated to assemble when it is cold. It probably doesn't hold heat any longer then similar stoves but the ease of set-up was the big selling point for me. Enjoy!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Any follow up on this......I have the Seek 8 man tepee and xl stove......the tepees awesome and the stove is light but have never been overly impressed with it. Puts out a lot of smoke at times as it doesn’t draft very well plus like many have said I hate setting it up.

Keep us posted....
In any of the lightweight ti stoves you have to make sure you have the fire burning HOT before you close the door initially to get the draft going, otherwise you're just gonna puff smoke and pop and rattle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We will have the video out next week. I needed to sleep a few nights with it.