Winnerwell Fastfold Titanium Stove

CO-AJ

WKR
I wonder if the Winnerwell ti stove body can be frankensteined into Seek Outside dampers, pipe, and ultra spark arrestor? If so, I may consider going that route.

Wrench

WKR
Whoever told you that obviously hasn't used it, or used it incorrectly. It's a much thicker top than any of the other stoves I've used or seen. The whole stove body is heavier gauge material. The pipe, on the other hand, seems like it was an afterthought.
.....and it has broke edges everywhere. The stove design is certainly hell for stout and simple as it can be to assemble.

Wrench

WKR
I wonder if the Winnerwell ti stove body can be frankensteined into Seek Outside dampers, pipe, and ultra spark arrestor? If so, I may consider going that route.
The winnerwell has a built in damper and the way they are setup for pipe....you can use any pipe with it. It's a really good idea.

sneaky

"DADDY"
All you need is the pipe, the damper assembly on the Winnerwell is legit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have been a lurker for years and this caused me to join. I modded my winnerwell stove spark arrestor to give me a smoke free nights sleep. All cap arrestors cause some form of stifling to the stove. I cut every other piece of titanium on the arrestor with a dremel (warning, this EATS cutting wheels). This mod works and allows 2-4 days of burn without cleaning (depending on wood choice). This is assuming you are burning all night. With the original design, I could only get a night and maybe 1/3 of a night before the arrestor would clog.

Attachments

• 16054861282444735221960582714216.jpg
    16054861282444735221960582714216.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 111

LionHead

WKR
So I ended up breaking down and getting one of these. I love my seekoutside large stove in the redcliff but the easy fold/unfold nature got me especially after my buddy lost 2 wingnuts when he borrowed it for a Wyoming cold weather trip.

I should get it in a few days.

Seems like everyone says the stove pipe is shit. Does anyone know if a SO pipe will fit as a replacement? If not which brand has a suitable replacement pipe?

Thanks in advance

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought The stove as another option and simply used my lite outdoors pipe would expect you can simply use your seek pipe…stove for sure nice to setup so quick and holds a fire longer as sealed better but wood size a Good amount smaller than my lite outdoors..nice to have so many options available.

Attachments

• E5782EE2-EEEF-4AEB-B208-C035B21CCB42.jpeg
    E5782EE2-EEEF-4AEB-B208-C035B21CCB42.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
I looked at these but the length is what got me. I have a hard time busting branches to fit my LO , and it's a few inches longer than this it seems. I sure do like the set up of this one though. Sometimes my LO stove body goes good and sometimes I just struggle. Warm/cold hands, either way, sometimes it's all good, sometimes it isn't.
I think I will mod my LO stove body to utilize a locking system that keeps it together before the big wire rings are installed. Keeping the bodies shape is where I struggle.

B

Brando'

For those of you with the SO stoves would that stove be more packable the the winnerwell for backcountry hunts?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
For those of you with the SO stoves would that stove be more packable the the winnerwell for backcountry hunts?
Not a lot of difference in overall size but the SO Medium is a pound and a half lighter in weight.

Last edited:

bcnorth

FNG
how do the pomoly stoves compare to these? The pomoly uses 1mm thick titanium, is winnerwell 1mm? Im leaning towards the pomoly partly because of the option of glass front. I really like fire light inside the tent even though its a bit extra weight. Otherwise the fast fold system looks almost exactly the same