Winter Backpacking Trip

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone wanna head out on a backpacking trip weekend after next (March 1-3).

Was gonna bring the sleds, tipis and stoves, so we don't freeze to death.

Let me know and I'll get whatever tipis together we need.

dotman

WKR
Crap, I would be on this but too soon to get eeverything in place and if I had a pack :)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll be with you in Kansas next weekend, and have my daughter the 9-15th, so that was the best weekend for me.

The location would be near Bailey Colorado.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Sounds like a good time bro. I will put in for leave on Friday the 1st. I'll get back to you on Wednesday to let you know what my unit says.

coOverwatch - x2 on the questions as well.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We can always head out Saturday and just stay one night as well, so we'll plan figure that out according to who is going.

I will bring the shelter and stoves, so you'll need standard stuff for an overnight trip (food, sleeping bag and things like that).

Snowshoes probably won't hurt either...

Ozz08

WKR
Bummer! We were going to be in CO that week looking at homes but we just postponed the trip. Drama with the in laws over there so we decided to stay out of it for now lol.

coOverwatch

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I am covered as far as equipment then and as long as you are not trying to do 5 miles in two minutes I should be able to keep up.
Just for reference I met you at the SCI show in Denver. I made the comment that I thought you were at the shot show.

Aron I would love to join this trip but I will be in Florida that weekend. I want to get the expedition sled out again.

It was good meeting you in person at the Kifaru Rondy.

This is my favorite pic from the Rondy.

Eric

Kifaru Winter Rondy 2013-8.jpg

6t4nova

WKR
Too bad I've been gone on work trips or I would go. My wife would hang me if I headed out after being gone all this time and leaving her at home with the baby

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in. Joe's been keeping me in the loop. Got clearance from the wife the day you posted this, lol.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm getting together the shelters today, so I need to make sure how many are going. Also, do all of you have snow shoes?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I'm in and my buddy c.rash too. We both have snow shoes. I can probably grab some extras from my unit if we need some.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got an extra set as well.

I'm not 100% sure where we'll go yet, but I've got a good idea. I'll try and check the road in tomorrow and see if we can make it to the cool spot.

MIKEYB

WKR
Man this sounds like a lot of fun. Any plans for something like this in spring or summer? Maybe southern colorado? It's closer to ABQ:D