Winter Boots

coOverwatch

Lil-Rokslider
HI all,

It is time to spend some more money on gear now that the after xmas sales are on.

Looking for some new boots for winter hiking (with and without snow shoes).
Would also like to wear them while riding the horse.

Been looking at Kentriks but have seen mixed reviews.
Found a good price on some Merrells but not sure how they will hold up overall.

I have had a pair of Merrells for overall hiking but the toe started to rip out this year while hunting the sage in October. Could be do to age as I have had them for 4 years.

Trying to keep things under 400 as there are other winter gear I am wanting to pickup too. Backpacking tent and stove for one.. or is that two.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Advice for footware is a touchy subject since no two feet are alike. That said I've owned several models of each boot you mentioned and for the product quality, hands down kenetrek wins. Another point I might add is meindl's are very popular (and pretty decent) but are well known for their waterproofing failure. Might take into consideration with snow on the ground. With all that said if stranger approached me in the field and asked me what I'd use in your situation, it would be a wash with kenetrek a or Han wags.

OP
C

coOverwatch

Lil-Rokslider
Kenetrek were my first choice... however i was not sure about strapping a pair of snow shoes on with them.
then found a number of people on here that had issues with them

2rocky

WKR
CoO,

Are you talking about Pac boots? Or Insulated Leather Hikers? The Pac's will have more Cold tolerance..