Winter Range buck pics! lets see some!

OP
M

MattEastman

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a photo of a monster I called Goliath. He was the tallest 38" wide buck I have ever seen. Absolute giant!
View attachment 1241
pencil.png

I never get tired if looking at this pic! What a true giant he was.

OP
M

MattEastman

Lil-Rokslider
Crazy. I ran into him at Rip Griffins in Rawlins a few weeks ago. Had a truck full of monster deer racks. All reproduced. He mentioned he bought your collection. I will have to go check it out asap.

D

david long

I sold him the first two good sets from the buck. The remaining sets were picked up by a guy from Big Piney.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Goliath = WOW
David, when the hunter finally killed Goliath, was the rack still as big? It seemed smaller than in your pic?
From the story, it didn't look like he was a high country buck, more quakie type country.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hoyts, I love that top buck with the dark cape.
I've seen bucks that dark in far NW Montana. I see you're from Spokane, is that buck from close to the Canadian border?

D

david long

Here's Popeye with another year's worth of antler growth.
deer042.jpg

D

david long

Goliath = WOW
David, when the hunter finally killed Goliath, was the rack still as big? It seemed smaller than in your pic?
From the story, it didn't look like he was a high country buck, more quakie type country.
Robby......Goliath really went downhill the year he was killed.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
that makes sense, as he didn't look near as big as in your pic.

I had to laugh when I read what you wrote: "he's the tallest 38" buck I've ever seen".
Please tell us how many 38" bucks you've seen!

If I saw a 38" buck, he'd be the tallest as he'd be the ONLY 38" buck I've seen.

the widest I've ever seen was a confirmed 36". Wish I could say wider...

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Great pics to everyone! And that first pic really pops Hoyts! Looks like a younger buck too, am I right?? If so he should really sprout this season!

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
He was actually an older buck. I believe this was his peak. I have friends who photographed him this year and he went downhill as far as score goes.

D

david long

that makes sense, as he didn't look near as big as in your pic.

I had to laugh when I read what you wrote: "he's the tallest 38" buck I've ever seen".
Please tell us how many 38" bucks you've seen!

If I saw a 38" buck, he'd be the tallest as he'd be the ONLY 38" buck I've seen.

the widest I've ever seen was a confirmed 36". Wish I could say wider...
Offhand, I can think of between 8-12 bucks I have seen on the hoof that have been 38" or wider. Only one of those bucks was during the hunting season. The remaining bucks were all on the Wyoming winter range.

D

david long

Here's a 38" buck that was known as Lumberhead. Gotta love those cheaters! I picked up two sets of sheds from this buck.
lumberhead.jpg