Winter storm the next week or so in Idaho

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gonna get deep north sandpoint
Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Southeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 12. Southeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 10am. High near 17. East wind around 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Monday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday
A 40 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near

mt100gr.

WKR
What's everyone seeing for accumulation?

The storm hasn't really amounted to much it my part of NW MT. Still calling for up to 10 inches tonight in the valley and so far we've been on the short end of all the predictions.

fatbacks

WKR
Not nearly as much as predicted in central ID probably about 6” all weekend in Sun Valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmcd22

WKR
Saw we are supposed to get anywhere from 1-3' in the mountains this week, most likely west central mountains. Winter ranges should only get about 1-2" overnight at best on the west side of the state which is good. Snow showers most of the week but little accumulation in the valley.

matthewmt

WKR

The storm hasn't really amounted to much it my part of NW MT. Still calling for up to 10 inches tonight in the valley and so far we've been on the short end of all the predictions.
Forecast have changed so much from day to day, 7-10" winter warning is still in place for tonight/tomorrow so we'll see.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
About to fly in from hunting in AZ. My girlfriend has already plowed twice.
Good girl!😁
That hits close to home. I was hunting in NM a couple winters ago and happened to call home when my wife and girls we're pulling Costco up our driveway in sleds....it was 70 degrees!! I was shaded up. 😂

Broomd

WKR

We've gotten about 20" over the last 24 hours. Power went down an hour ago. We're on generator power now....relaxing to a warm woodstove.

Always glad I spent the time setting the place up with backup power...

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
no official totals here in Snake plain, but looks like we probably got our 7" here. Schools are closed today.

All of our snow blew to Wyoming with the 30 mph winds last night. Schools closed today and several roads drifted closed. Impossible to tell accumulations. 4-6 foot drifts, and bare grass in other spots.

Terrapin

WKR
We've gotten about 20" over the last 24 hours. Power went down an hour ago. We're on generator power now....relaxing to a warm woodstove.

Always glad I spent the time setting the place up with backup power...

We must be neighbors. Thankful the powers back on and the schools let my snow shovelers stay home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been a real busy couple days. Kinda depends on where you are at but we got a shitload of snow near smiths ferry (2 feet plus) and it's still coming down. We've got highway 21 closed (our plows were pushing 3 to 4 feet) and will most likely be doing avalanche mitigation in there as soon as it's somewhat safe. Have a new system this year in the canyon creek area called obellx that can release controlled explosions via computer......pretty cool stuff. Banner summit received 20 inches in the last 24 hours.

Randy

They closed 20 from Ashton to Island Park today. West Yellowstone has 5' high snow banks. IP is supposed to get up wards of 4 feet by tomorrow. Get the sleds out.

Rizzy

WKR
Still fairly warm in the Boise area and surrounding foothills for a January storm. The Higher country is getting pounded though.