Wisconsin Wolf Harvest

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
The wolf population in Wisconsin is grossly underestimated to the point of being laughable. Officially shooting 200 wolves statewide will accomplish absolutely nothing. It's a token season. More pups will be born by the remainder this year than what were killed by a long shot. The season should start in October and run through March, with running dogs being allowed starting in the middle of December. Then there might be a positive impact made. With no limits or "quota".

Fordguy

WKR
That was my assumption too. Seems like it would be difficult to rack up that many in such a short time with only a few thousand tags unless you have a reasonable to reasonably heavy population.

260madman

WKR
I couldn’t help but chuckle when they closed it after 2 days. If I didn’t have my stroke 3 weeks ago I’d have been out there. I have a few places that have 4,000 acres combined to hunt in prime wolf territory.

It‘s a good start. I’ll put in for November.

I’m sure there is some folks in Madison buying up the tags reporting false kills to fill the quota. The wolves no are being managed by the locals that’s all I have to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Without an unofficial season there would be no season

think the population is greatly underestimated in most states but at least Wisconsin has a season. Here is MN we have the largest wolf population in the lower 48 and haven't had an "actual" season since 2014