Wisconsin Wolf hunt!

Happy to see wolves back in the crosshairs in Wisconsin!
This deal managed to get pushed through on the fast track for the sale of 4000 licenses, applications open through the end of the week. Hunt starts the week after.

Whitetail hunting has been devastated in much of the northern half of the state as a result of these wolves. Two counties I used to successfully hunt for deer, now has about as good a chance to see a deer as a wolf.
It's been too many years since a wolf hunt as they were 'Protected'. Try and take a youngster deer hunting where he will see no deer, see how years it takes before he has lost interest in the sport, forever.

Crazy how some people are actually upset about the 'poor wolves'.

Here's part of the story, 'Wisconsin Wolf hunt.

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
Your Very Lucky! I'm in MN and MN hasn't done a damn thing to plan any Wolf Hunts Yet as they are planning on the Biden Administration to put them back on the Endangered Species List again soon in Court. Hurry up and get your Hunt in. We have 3-5x as many Wolves in MN vs. WI and I know what your mean by some parts of the state you have a 50% chance of seeing a Wolf vs Deer.

Good Luck on your hunt as you don't have to worry about the SSS Rule!

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Glad we have an official hunt for now but 200 wolves are not going to put a dent in their population. Only good game management from the citizen is ever going to bring the deer herds in the north back from todays "sterile" to productive, healthy, and plentiful. We need a robust trapping and hunting season that runs the whole year.

Conroy

WKR
You should be in good shape. Good luck1

I've been to Mukwonago, home of the Elegant Farmer and best Apple pie on the planet!
I hope so! Good luck to you as well. I run trail cameras for the DNR Snapshot program to track the elk around Black River Falls. I have a few cameras that constantly get wolves on them. I also bear hunt that area and see them on my own cameras. Problem is I never see them in person

Elegant Farmer does have the best Apple Pies, that's for sure

OP
J
I hope so! Good luck to you as well. I run trail cameras for the DNR Snapshot program to track the elk around Black River Falls. I have a few cameras that constantly get wolves on them. I also bear hunt that area and see them on my own cameras. Problem is I never see them in person

Elegant Farmer does have the best Apple Pies, that's for sure
Black River Falls is one of the areas I stopped hunting because of wolves, the other was south of Tomahawk. Had the bulk rate discount at the hotels in BR, the Orange Moose was a very familiar site! If I pull a tag I might reach out to you and compare notes.

sneaky

"DADDY"
We have a year round season here in Idaho with a 5.5 month trapping season to boot and the best we can do is to maybe take enough to stabilize the numbers. 200 wolves being removed isn't going to put a dent in the overall population unfortunately, but it beats nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Happy to see them off the endangered species list and the state taking control of their management. This year's hunt is being rushed. The 2021 to 2022 season should give us a better idea of the DNRs management goal.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Ol China Joe is gonna relist them. Better hunt them right now while you can. 21-22 seasons anywhere may be a pipe dream

jmez

WKR
Ol China Joe is gonna relist them. Better hunt them right now while you can. 21-22 seasons anywhere may be a pipe dream

Yes. Follow the science.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider

This is possible, but let's hope they don't re-list when wolves have filled all available habitat (DNR said that) and clearly are recovered. One year of hunting is nice for the hunters that get tags, but I'm hoping they stay under state control where they belong.

WCB

WKR
Happy to see them off the endangered species list and the state taking control of their management. This year's hunt is being rushed. The 2021 to 2022 season should give us a better idea of the DNRs management goal.
How is it being rushed....they already have a management goal and are well over it? Sell licenses and kill wolves not much hard about it. From what I read the 200 wolves would barely cut the number of wolves off Tribal lands to double the goal.

03mossy

WKR
Awesome good luck! I spend a good amount of time camping and atving in NW WI and the deer heard up there is all but gone. Same with NE MN. We get more pics of wolves than we do deer the last 7-8 years.

OP
J
How is it being rushed....they already have a management goal and are well over it? Sell licenses and kill wolves not much hard about it. From what I read the 200 wolves would barely cut the number of wolves off Tribal lands to double the goal.
It seems rushed because... just This week it was announced there will be a hunt, applications start and end this week. Next week is the hunt, lottery winners will be announced while the week long clock is ticking. Don't bother looking for regulations, they are not out yet. Seems a little rushed.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
It seems rushed because... just This week it was announced there will be a hunt, applications start and end this week. Next week is the hunt, lottery winners will be announced while the week long clock is ticking. Don't bother looking for regulations, they are not out yet. Seems a little rushed.
Exactly

Okhotnik

WKR
Your Very Lucky! I'm in MN and MN hasn't done a damn thing to plan any Wolf Hunts Yet as they are planning on the Biden Administration to put them back on the Endangered Species List again soon in Court. Hurry up and get your Hunt in. We have 3-5x as many Wolves in MN vs. WI and I know what your mean by some parts of the state you have a 50% chance of seeing a Wolf vs Deer.

Good Luck on your hunt as you don't have to worry about the SSS Rule!
According Buzz, wolves are our friends and help herd numbers . So stop the hating

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
According Buzz, wolves are our friends and help herd numbers . So stop the hating

Don't hate wolves, All animals need to be managed, The Wolf is the Top Predator in MN and needs to be managed like any animal. The Population is well above the Target Number of 1250 by 3x-4x. They are well documented in public pet parks of snatching Pet Dogs on leashes in broad daylight in Duluth, MN....do some research. Grand Maris as well of Pets gone missing right in town. I've personally had one come up to me within 10-yards while Deer Hunting in Lutsen, MN. I wrote a story on it and posted in this site. Find it....A pack of 5- wolves adequately needs 2.5 deer a week, multiplied by 3000 + so called Reported wolves in our state x 52 weeks a year. I guess as they move south into the Twin Cities, MN area and all the Purse Dogs start Disappearing they won't be all cute and fuzzy. Don't hate the wolf, just saying they need to be managed is all.

I don't mean to Hijack the post at all from WI to MN........I know WI shares in Wolf Management as well.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is possible, but let's hope they don't re-list when wolves have filled all available habitat (DNR said that) and clearly are recovered. One year of hunting is nice for the hunters that get tags, but I'm hoping they stay under state control where they belong.
They won't stop with wolves until they occupy every single bit of "historic range". Even though that range has been developed by humans. They don't care about the science, or what the objectives were for reintroduction.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They have to rush it through and get the hunt going before the 500 lawsuits and injunctions come through