Wiser Quick Stix

Anyone use them? Anything out there similar that is better .

seems like it would be a good option for my dad who doesn’t have the spine flexibility to shoot prone and really needs to shoot off his knee. We’ve tried bipods for the length of shooting off his knee and they never seem to work well on hunts that are on the go.

have a bog pod as well I can strap to my pack if we have time to set it up which may be doubtful but would be ideal if we have time

I have them on my hiking sticks and would recommend them to anybody. I used them to shoot a black bear in Alaska from the sitting position last year. I really like them for the added flexibility in shooting positions, and there’s really no downside even if you don’t take a shot with them, since they’re so lightweight. I was moving around a lot to get an open shot, and was able to get set up quickly for a shot off of my sticks.

OP
A
Yes, also seems nice because I can run a bipod for prone on the gun, and still use them. I feel like I can adapt pretty well but my dad is in his 70s and after years of hunting in a stand can’t run and gun the way he did when he was growing up.

he lost the shot at a big mule deer a few years ago because he tried to drop to a knee and set up a long bipod on unlevel ground…. Mind you with practicing very little with deploying it prior to the actual hunt .

Should have just shot it offhand .Ended up shooting a smaller deer later offhand and shot an antelope in the neck a few days later from like 175 yards offhand.

In an ideal world the guide will bugle one it from long range and we will be set up with the Bog Pod but these seem very practical for running and gunning.