Witnessed a poach.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for this. Good conversation and lots of nuance. Particularly interesting when the Fourth starts getting debated regarding law enforcement. I do think there is a balance. Personally, if the person was not shooting across the road or along the road, I wouldn’t have an issue with it. Especially if I hadn’t measured the distance from the road to the fence. If it were greater than 30’, nothing illegal happened according to my interpretation of the law. I am also not a lawyer or judge or LEO.

wytx

WKR
So you NEVER speed, or change lanes without blinker, or use blinker when making a turn (any turn), or walk across the rd outside of a crosswalk, etc. you get the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never made a comment about those infractions. I am just addressing hunting violations. Come here and ignore our laws and you'll likely get reported. We have great hunting for a reason.
For the record I speed frequently but always use my blinker. Every corner in Wyoming is a defacto crosswalk so yes I have jaywalked. Someone turns me in that is my problem and I expect to get caught speeding at some point, I'll pay my fine. None of those affect our game populations though.

Rich M

WKR
They don't, or haven't checked me for hunter safety card. It's in my bow case but I don't carry it with me. Hunted WY the last three years, had my license checked every year and that is all they asked for. Had elk checked twice and they didn't ask. Three different wardens.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
The wardens I've encountered in WY and CO were great. Nothing against the wardens or them doing their job.

Driving 30+ hours to get there each way, I like to talk w them about their expectations before getting there so there are no surprises.

I never made a comment about those infractions. I am just addressing hunting violations. Come here and ignore our laws and you'll likely get reported. We have great hunting for a reason.
For the record I speed frequently but always use my blinker. Every corner in Wyoming is a defacto crosswalk so yes I have jaywalked. Someone turns me in that is my problem and I expect to get caught speeding at some point, I'll pay my fine. None of those affect our game populations though.
Your speeding could cause an accident and hurt another human being, physically and financially. That holds a lot more weight than anything that can be done to the game population. Not saying you would do that on purpose, but that is why we have set speed limits. Break those and you run the risk of something terrible happening.

Oh so you’re a lawbreaker then. Good to know. You’ve proved my point. You come in here and slam or belittle someone over a mere 6” or step over a fence for being a poacher and lawbreaker, for something so dumb and so little. You’ve proved my point. You’re a lawbreaker and a hypocrite.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Oh so you’re a lawbreaker then. Good to know. You’ve proved my point. You come in here and slam or belittle someone over a mere 6” or step over a fence for being a poacher and lawbreaker, for something so dumb and so little. You’ve proved my point. You’re a lawbreaker and a hypocrite.

Bating someone to attack them personally is poor form. Your point could have been made in several more honorable ways.

Bating someone to attack them personally is poor form. Your point could have been made in several more honorable ways.

Yes I missed my mark some. My point really was to say how silly the whole thing is. I don’t care if he speeds. I speed. And by what some consider poaching here, one could argue that if you speed while driving out to your hunting spot then you are conducting an illegal activity in the pursuit of game so you therefore are a poacher. Whose to say that animal you may have killed that day would have been in that spot at that moment if you had done the speed limit right. See how silly that is. Stepping 6” in forward or over a fence and your now legal so we have zero issues now with the taking of that animal but oh wait you didn’t hop that fence or step 6” forward so I’m reporting you because you’re a hard criminal now. Regardless the animal would have probably been taken anyways. And in some states it’s not even illegal.

There is nothing in this whole thread to actually prove the guy was poaching unless more info came out that I haven’t read yet. So what’s the actual point of this whole thread. To wrongly disparage someone. Personally yea I’d probably say something to the guy like “hey just a heads up you have to be over the fence and off the road to be legal, if a game warden catches you he may write you a ticket or worse”. But I’m not reporting the guy. Just like I’m not reporting some on Endor driving 1-5mph over speed limit or something small like that. And the point he made about it doesn’t effect wild game so he is ok with it, well things like that could actually potentially effect human life.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

That article is worthy of its own thread. I thought about creating one a few days ago and decided not to as I'm pretty sure that is the investigation that lead to the Bowmars indictments and I did not feel like prying that worm can back open.

KHNC

WKR
Big deal. He was off the road and out of the traffic, muzzle was on private or public and facing away from the road when it went off - not endangering anyone (which is the primary reason for the rule).

Hunters sure have become a bunch of sniveling little snitches.

Don't forget to call highway patrol on everyone that's speeding too.
My cousin told me once "The biggest rednecks in America live in Florida". He worked down there every winter in the produce business. This attitude mostly confirms this. Poach away if it makes you feel better.