Witt Machin SME lightweight

CO2130

WKR
I’ve done a little searching and can’t find a ton of info on anyone using the SME by Witt machine on a bolt gun? There’s some info out there that it appears to work well at lessening the DB at the shooters ear on some AR type guns, somewhere in the range of 20-30 DB even. Has anyone on here gave these a shot? Very lightweight and much less expensive/simple compared to a can. I enjoy shooting throughout the year but realistically shoot a couple hundred rounds a year at most through my big game rifle and would love something that would allow hunting without ear pro. For reference I’m shooting a 7RM shooting 168 Berger’s at close to 3200 FPS with an APA little bastard currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sveltri

WKR
I’ve done a little searching and can’t find a ton of info on anyone using the SME by Witt machine on a bolt gun? There’s some info out there that it appears to work well at lessening the DB at the shooters ear on some AR type guns, somewhere in the range of 20-30 DB even. Has anyone on here gave these a shot? Very lightweight and much less expensive/simple compared to a can. I enjoy shooting throughout the year but realistically shoot a couple hundred rounds a year at most through my big game rifle and would love something that would allow hunting without ear pro. For reference I’m shooting a 7RM shooting 168 Berger’s at close to 3200 FPS with an APA little bastard currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you able to learn anything about these on a bolt gun, I just saw them tonight at our gun store?

BradS

FNG
I have one on order I will let you all know how it works.
I was able to get it for less than 150 shipped(code "Leprechaun" I believe) for my Tikka 300 WM.

BradS

FNG
After testing out the SME on my 300WM would I say its hearing safe? Possibly. I don't have a decibel meter, but I would not advise doing extended range sessions without ear pro. I would say if you are hunting and do not want to deal with ear pro you should be fine, and not get any ear ringing with a few shots.

BradS

FNG
I have not tested to see if it affects accuracy as my 300WM Barnes ttsx ammo has been hard to find and do not want to burn up what I have left.