WM Dakota/Lynx -10

Anybody have any experience with the WM Dakota/Lynx -10?

Debating picking one up therefore, I’d like to hear some real world experience whether good or bad.

Thanks in advance!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Where you plan on using it? -10 in a WM is going to be a toaster oven for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I own a Kodiak for November and December. What state or elevation are you planning on? I've got a late rifle deer hunt in November that I'll be using my Kodiak on, I have 100% confidence in it. It's just a little more flexible than a negative degree rated bag. That's when you get into truly specialized gear territory.

OP
Tips n Tails
Idaho specifically. However, any of the big game triad states really.

I was looking at the Kodiak as well as a happy medium between the Badger and Lynx. How do you like your Kodiak? First year using it?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've had my Kodiak for 3 years or so. Early season I run a 20deg EE quilt, when it starts getting serious I use the Kodiak. I live in central Idaho.

bj00pb

FNG
I don't know if this will help but I have a -10 WM Big Horn that is 20+years old. I use it for CO 2nd season rifle when I pack in and it hasn't ever given me a reason to switch. It's outstanding for cold weather spike camp, but when the temps don't dip below the freezing mark it will get toasty..... when that happens I just don't zip up all the way. Packing in this bag will never leave my side, but at basecamp with the wood burner going it's wayyyy to much bag.

OP
Tips n Tails
@bj00pb that helps!! Basically, the same concept I had in mind for spike camping away from base camp.

Once our fire goes out in the XL stove I wanted to ensure I had an adequate sleeping bag. Plus I’d rather be too hot than too cold.

I don't know if this will help but I have a -10 WM Big Horn that is 20+years old. I use it for CO 2nd season rifle when I pack in and it hasn't ever given me a reason to switch. It's outstanding for cold weather spike camp, but when the temps don't dip below the freezing mark it will get toasty..... when that happens I just don't zip up all the way. Packing in this bag will never leave my side, but at basecamp with the wood burner going it's wayyyy to much bag.
I've been looking at zero degree bags for packing in and this post is great info. I hunted 3rd rifle last year and used a 20 degree bag. I was miserable. I am trying to decide between a Chilkoot and Kodiak. Going to see if I can find some to try out for fit before I spend that kind of money though.