Wod

OXN939

WKR
Running this time of year is seldom fun, as my winter training base is always gym-heavy... but got a few in today. Work to be done, but felt good to knock some rust off.

Screenshot_20200330-215305_Instagram.jpg

jmez

WKR
Well my gym closed down on friday. I went for a 2 hour mountain bike ride in the hills today. Tried yesterday but was turned back by mud, snow and ice. Got on a different trail at a little lower elevation today.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your's lasted more than most :)

6 rounds
24 air squats
24 pushups
24 walking lunges

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 miles on the trails w/ Tiny E; no mud!!!

TirLiWt.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E, the snow and 15 degrees evidently keeping people off the trails as we didn't see a soul

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
7 miles on the trails with Tiny E; sometimes it's good to remember how truly blessed you are- this helps :)

2BSXqKy.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny story for today's outing

We (Tint Elvis and I) planned on doing our go to hill workout- ~ 4 miles, with 1400' of gain in the first two miles- it's tiptoe steep in stretches! Anyways we take off from the trailhead and 99% of folks take a right up the main gulch, we headed for the steep ridge and was surprised when another guy and his dog followed in behind us. He stated that he didn't think anyone else used this trail (which they don't), I told him like to hit once every couple weeks. We were making conversation which isn't easy as it's steep right off the back. I'm pretty sure he was thinking we'd move over at any moment to let him by :) I just slowly increased increased the pace and pretty soon there was no more conversation, I kept pushing the pace and eventually I could tell he was falling back. I kept it in high gear and completely lost him, never let off the throttle until the very top. Needless to say I was thoroughly smoked! Funny what motivates a person :D

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
I havent been keeping up with posting on here, but still been doing workouts (3-4 miles a day plus the athleanx home workout he posted.)
Today, figured I'd try the 22s again. Last time I dnf @43 mins.
Today was 38:47 and complete.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
11 miles on the Helena Ridge trail with Tiny Elvis- gorgeous day and only saw a small handful of folks

MavAKFr.jpg

c0aLxnt.jpg

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Went kayaking to keep everyone happy on a new toy and get some exercise... 3 miles paddling a family of 3 by yourself is tiring lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-183123_onX Hunt.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-183123_onX Hunt.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 14
Been social distancing in the foothills turkey hunting and hiking a lot, still getting in the workouts

Snatch build to a heavy single
Clean and jerk build to heavy single
Deadlift 3x5

CrossFit fundraiser workout
10 min amrap #50 db
10 squats
9 db snatches right arm
10 push up
9 db snatches left arm

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deck of Death

Complete the Deck For Time
  • Draw cards from a standard 52-card deck plus 2 Jokers. Each card drawn determines which exercise to do and the number of reps.
  • Suit determines the exercise:
  • Hearts = Push-Ups
  • Diamonds = Pullups
  • Clubs = Air Squats
  • Spades = Wallking Lunges
  • Card value determines the number of reps (face cards = 10, Aces = 11)
everything went pretty well, the pull-ups were a little tough- especially when I hit a 9 and two face cards one after the other :)

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
Deck of Death

Complete the Deck For Time
  • Draw cards from a standard 52-card deck plus 2 Jokers. Each card drawn determines which exercise to do and the number of reps.
  • Suit determines the exercise:
  • Hearts = Push-Ups
  • Diamonds = Pullups
  • Clubs = Air Squats
  • Spades = Wallking Lunges
  • Card value determines the number of reps (face cards = 10, Aces = 11)
everything went pretty well, the pull-ups were a little tough- especially when I hit a 9 and two face cards one after the other :)

This was similar to my work outs in highschool. Never could afford a gym but a deck of cards is a dollar and I had some Misc weights. Loved it. Maybe I'll jump back into it tonight.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was similar to my work outs in highschool. Never could afford a gym but a deck of cards is a dollar and I had some Misc weights. Loved it. Maybe I'll jump back into it tonight.

I think there are at least a couple of dozen variations with the deck of cards, can substitute a ton of different exercises, etc

still missing my Wendler though :)

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
9 miles last night with my wife and Tiny E to take in the super moon. The super moon stayed hidden in the clouds for most of our hike, but finally presented itself towards the end. We did get plenty of other good views, including a dozen elk about 150 yards right above us.

MCFIc5d.jpg

AD9Hdrn.jpg

RgTaCkg.jpg

pPvm6Cr.jpg

iIdOwaK.jpg

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Did the heavy pack 2.0 workout from mtn tough. That killed me. Only did 2 total rounds in 30 minutes. Started a 3rd and didnt feel safe lol. Was tough!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E; wife said her legs were sore from yesterday evening's hike- I said I know the best thing for them, let's go for a hike :)