1 hr of Zone 2 work on the stairmaster with a vest this morning

Then at 5:30…

Strict Press - 4x10@60% + 1 set max reps at 60%

Bent over rows - 3x12 @ 95lbs

WOD - For Time (12 min cap):

- Ski for Calories 27/20/12
- Overhead Squats 21/15/9 (95#)

(11:31 RX)

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

1 hr of Zone 2 work on the stairmaster with a vest this morning

Then at 5:30…

Strict Press - 4x10@60% + 1 set max reps at 60%

Bent over rows - 3x12 @ 95lbs

WOD - For Time (12 min cap):

- Ski for Calories 27/20/12
- Overhead Squats 21/15/9 (95#)

(11:31 RX)

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle
@FlyGuy… I noticed your new post script signature from Chief Seattle when I got back. Here is a quote I found about 10 years ago.
“When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and want our freedom.” Chief Sitting Bull.
Most Americans don’t understand that quote.
All the regulars on this thread probably do.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A glorious morning here- mid 50's w/ a little light rain/drizzle- it's only lasting one day, but wow!

8 miles and 2000' for Tiny Elvis and I.

eZHpwk7.jpg

FlyGuy

WKR
I went into this one already feeling whooped. I did the 5:30pm class yesterday so I only had ~ 13 hours of recovery before this Monster WOD.

“31 Hero’s” - AMRAP31:
- Partner 1 completes 400m Sandbag run (45#), while…
- Partner 2 completes:
- 8 Thrusters (135#)
- 6 Rope Climbs
- 11 Box Jumps (30”)
(Switch when Partner 1 completes the run)

RX for this one was a 155# Thruster. I did 3 reps RX before admitting to myself that it was foolish. I dropped to 135# but I still had to break them up 2/2/2/2. The other movements I did RX. Tough, tough WOD.

Then I shot 12 Pairs of arrows at 27 yards working on fast follow ups that hit in the kill zone . After break of the 1st arrow, load and shoot a second arrow as fast as possible. The first couple were :12; but majority were sub :10 with a few at :08.

Chief Seattle

Hardly_Hangin

Lil-Rokslider
With September quickly approaching, i decided some backcountry hiking would be a great way to get in some rucking and test out my overnight gear.

Last night i got off work, drove to trailhead, walked as far as i could before dark/rain. Made camp, slept decent (rained/thundered all night long), woke up and hit the trail.

Learned a few things, got to use my gear, made some notes, and wore out my calves.

Total distance 12.75 miles, 2920'elevation gain with ~35# pack.

FlyGuy

WKR
With September quickly approaching, i decided some backcountry hiking would be a great way to get in some rucking and test out my overnight gear.

Last night i got off work, drove to trailhead, walked as far as i could before dark/rain. Made camp, slept decent (rained/thundered all night long), woke up and hit the trail.

Learned a few things, got to use my gear, made some notes, and wore out my calves.

Total distance 12.75 miles, 2920'elevation gain with ~35# pack.

Man I’d kill to be able to train like that here. But it’s flat AF, the temps only get down to a low of 79° F at night with 98% humidity, and the damn mosquitos would be absolutely relentless.

Chief Seattle

Hardly_Hangin

Lil-Rokslider
Man I’d kill to be able to train like that here. But it’s flat AF, the temps only get down to a low of 79° F at night with 98% humidity, and the damn mosquitos would be absolutely relentless.

Chief Seattle
Well we definitely got the humidity here, could cut the air with a knife nearly. Plus the rain had everything soaked. Usually the misquitos are ravinous but my premetherin seemed to keep them at bay. All kinds of yellow jackets to dodge though.

Chief Seattle

The thing is, you don’t have to kill to train in cool mountain areas….all you have to do is commit and move. I know, a lot easier said than done, but it is doable. The high today in Chugiak, AK. was 53°, perfect weather for a backyard hike in the mountains.
82e791214aa53450efb4aa0ef2fca862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
The thing is, you don’t have to kill to train in cool mountain areas….all you have to do is commit and move. I know, a lot easier said than done, but it is doable. The high today in Chugiak, AK. was 53°, perfect weather for a backyard hike in the mountains.
82e791214aa53450efb4aa0ef2fca862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I think about it almost every day. Im 49 now. My goal is to retire at 55, and gain residency in either AK or WY.

Chief Seattle

680vert PT hike at daylight with 35lbs

4 warm up sets. No rest
Squats/Calf Raise-45/95/135/185 x 15
Plyos (jump squat/scissor lunge/box jump) x 5ea
Hanging toes 2 bar- x 10
1-arm barbell snatch- 45/45/55/55 x 5

Squats- 3 rep sets from 225 up to 325
Bench Squats- 225 x 20

Skidder Tire Flip- 30 reps in 2:43

Farmer’s Carry- 75s for 100yds

Haven’t been doing the tire as much as I used to. Got my guts churning at around rep 25