Wolf down!!!! (ID)

shanevg

WKR
My brother (Alecvg on the forum) is guiding for the first time in Idaho this year. He texted me this pic of a wolf his client got this week. Ran right up on them when they were gutting out his 180 buck. Gun shots = dinner bells for wolves I guess.

The client only wanted the skull so he let Alec keep the hide. Alec made the trip into town to take it to a tannery.

Thought you all might enjoy.

Wolf_zps4f12ee5e.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Way to go Alec and client!!! Wolves are hard to come by for sure. More people have shot 60" bull moose, 40" dall rams, and 360+ bull elk than have ever shot a wolf hands down. Cool stuff for sure!!

Wrongside

WKR
Nicely done! My buddy was fortunate enough to knock down a big one while elk hunting last week. Very neat animals to see and watch, but we are starting to have a bit off a population problem up here too, IMO.

Travis

FNG
Nice work on the wolf. Anyone interested in wolf management in Idaho should take a look at the Foundation 4 Wildlife Management. They are a group offering reimbursement up to 500 dollars in proof of receipts for hunting related items apon checking in a legally taken wolf in the Panhandle.
This helps a lot for those who have been hunting these critters and are realizing that the cost is high to hunt wolves exclusively.
Check it out!

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work on the wolf. Anyone interested in wolf management in Idaho should take a look at the Foundation 4 Wildlife Management. They are a group offering reimbursement up to 500 dollars in proof of receipts for hunting related items apon checking in a legally taken wolf in the Panhandle.
This helps a lot for those who have been hunting these critters and are realizing that the cost is high to hunt wolves exclusively.
Check it out!
They are up to $1000 in Unit 10, and 12. $750 in 1,4, and 4a. $500 anywhere in Idaho Dec-March, $250 August-Nov.