Wolf experts: Colorado officials should 'urgently' address recent wolf kills of livestock

WCB

WKR
That’s Interesting in a very irritating sort of way 😂 that’s exactly what they blamed for Idaho moose population plummeting shortly after reintroduced wolves. They just keep repeating the same bullshit 25 years later. Hard to believe Colorado residents buy it but I guess over half do?
From Minnesota here....Apparently Northern MN can't stabilize a moose population but North Dakota has a season on them. What could be the difference?

WKR
From Minnesota here....Apparently Northern MN can't stabilize a moose population but North Dakota has a season on them. What could be the difference?
Does Minnesota have a wolf season? Sounds like it’s time for Minnesota to kill a few.

Last edited:

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
That’s Interesting in a very irritating sort of way 😂 that’s exactly what they blamed for Idaho moose population plummeting shortly after reintroduced wolves. They just keep repeating the same bullshit 25 years later. Hard to believe Colorado residents buy it but I guess over half do?

while I think it’s BS in blaming it on climate change, ticks are a serious problem for moose. NH, Maine…they get pics of moose that look like a wolf with mange. It’s ticks…tens of thousands of ticks. The hair falls out, moose dies.

There is a legitimate link between temperature and ticks…but I think it’s false to directly attribute tick population to human caused warming.

Either way, we have a tick problem. We need to fix that first.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Does Minnesota have a wolf season? Sounds like it’s time for Minnesota to kill a few.
Liberals in the Twin Cities will mean that MN most likely never gets a wolf season, even though they are overrun with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

while I think it’s BS in blaming it on climate change, ticks are a serious problem for moose. NH, Maine…they get pics of moose that look like a wolf with mange. It’s ticks…tens of thousands of ticks. The hair falls out, moose dies.

There is a legitimate link between temperature and ticks…but I think it’s false to directly attribute tick population to human caused warming.

Either way, we have a tick problem. We need to fix that first.
I've ran across a couple of winter moose beds here in Central Idaho and it looked like someone had literally cut all of their hair off. It was incredible how much hair was laying there. Wolves are a problem, but so are winter ticks.

WKR
Liberals in the Twin Cities will mean that MN most likely never gets a wolf season, even though they are overrun with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s a shame. I mentioned on the other wolf thread that I’m for having some Grizzlies, cougars, and wolves and I’m for killing some Grizzlies, cougars, and wolves. Where the balance is, I don’t claim to know. I do wish Wyoming could have a Grizzly season.

WCB

WKR
Had one for a year or two. Quota was filled quick. Then the Great Lakes region got listed again and is now delisted...DNR can set a season whenever. Luckily MN doesnt ballot box manage but our DNR isnt exactly the brightest bulb in the knife shelf

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I've ran across a couple of winter moose beds here in Central Idaho and it looked like someone had literally cut all of their hair off. It was incredible how much hair was laying there. Wolves are a problem, but so are winter ticks.
I’ve seen the same thing I’m not saying ticks can’t be a problem for moose. They can and do kill moose. Believe me i have seen the “studies” also. My point is I seen moose with tick problems 10 years before the wolf showed up, 10 years after the wolf showed up moose disappeared from certain areas. I had property on one particular mountain where I couldn’t NOT see a moose and often would see 3-5 bulls glassing one old clear cut that was on another ridge and not a big area. I watched the fight everything. I have not seen 1 moose there for at least 5 years. Ticks were always there only thing that changed was a bunch of wolves. Point is Colorado “ biologist” pre emptively blaming ticks for what they already know the wolves will do to there moose. I understand the tick problem in relation to moose I am calling bullshit on that being the only are even the main factor in Idaho’s moose decline.,Colorado is already getting the tick narrative out there because they know what wolves do to moose. That’s the bull shit I was calling out not that ticks don’t kill moose

Do you spend a lot of time around cows?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
No is my guess. They are anything but slow. And can run like the wind. Don’t believe me? Pull into a field with a summer herd that needs salt. They’ll cover 3/4 mile in about 1.5 minutes charging your truck.