Wolf Hunting

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I'm really taking a good look at doing a wolf hunt but looking for some pointers. Looking what lower 48 is best state and time to go. I know its a tough hunt but I wanna give it a whirl.

If I was gonna do a wolf only out of state hunt id probably do Wyoming for the liberal regs and cheap cost. Although MT's new regs are pretty nice too.

Wolves prime up about the same time coyotes do. So if your looking for a high fur quality wall hanger, id wait till November. Most adults will be leather prime by mid October, but wont be fur prime till the end of October/early November. Pups will be a few weeks behind. The absolute best quality wolves are taken the first half of December.

The problem with waiting till November/December, is much like coyotes, they'll be a lot more skittish after being bumped and banged at by all the big game hunters.

However, you can go to Canada (more money) and pretty much be guaranteed a kill.

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
I'm concidering this hunt as well for just after Thanksgiving. I have a week of vacation set aside for a Saskatchewan deer cancelation hunt but if nobody cancels I was thinking of a wolf hunt.