Wolf Introduction to Colorado video

(dons flameproof suit...)

"forcibly?" Dishonest premise from the beginning.

Pitiful examination of the actual effects, if any.

Took 5 tries to get to an actual reason (expense), and then they repeated it for #6. And it's not an actual reason if it's supported by the majorty of the state taxpayers.

"proponents are pushing theories on the public as if they are established scientific truth..." - Pot, meet kettle. LOL

Enjoy your propaganda tho. Sure is slick.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Newto, so why don't we just let the general public determine all game management?

sheesh...what a stupid idea....

The professionals at Co DOW put out a paper stating this is a bad idea...but oh, lets let folks that have no clue make the decision....ridiculous.

_________

KHNC

WKR
Video seems pretty solid to me. Not sure what statements would be disputable. They all seem very accurate to me. I have hunted myself in wolf intro areas. I have seen the demise of the elk herds in Montana and Idaho.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Took 5 tries to get to an actual reason (expense), and then they repeated it for #6. And it's not an actual reason if it's supported by the majorty of the state taxpayers.

If I recall correctly the initiative has no funding provisions included, also IIRC the CPW doesn't get any (or much) funding from the tax payers. Most (all?) is via license sales. So its a legit statement unless the ballot initiative includes a tax approval along with it to cover the expenses incurred, voters should put their money where their mouth is if trying to expedite this situation (which is already naturally occurring, wolves are already in CO) rather than pass their virtues onto the wallets of sportsmen.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The funny not so funny thing about wolf mgt and introductions are the large number of people who have no Stake in the game who attempt to dictate how things play out.....read this data from Idaho fish and game survey on increasing wolf seasons to help manage them and see the very high percentage of responders including out side the US...thankfully they got the seasons extended unlike Montana19C5AD4B-8B63-48E6-916D-630E596F3457.pngBD824459-CD4A-4F7E-947B-4E1CD11B44ED.png

If I recall correctly the initiative has no funding provisions included, also IIRC the CPW doesn't get any (or much) funding from the tax payers. Most (all?) is via license sales. So its a legit statement unless the ballot initiative includes a tax approval along with it to cover the expenses incurred, voters should put their money where their mouth is if trying to expedite this situation (which is already naturally occurring, wolves are already in CO) rather than pass their virtues onto the wallets of sportsmen.

CPW is not funded by taxpayers, they are funded by license sales.

Ucsdryder

WKR
(dons flameproof suit...)

"forcibly?" Dishonest premise from the beginning.

Pitiful examination of the actual effects, if any.

"proponents are pushing theories on the public as if they are established scientific truth..." - Pot, meet kettle. LOL

Enjoy your propaganda tho. Sure is slick.

Newt, if the cpw is against the idea and they are forced to do it based on a vote then what do you call it? “Forcibly” sounds pretty spot on to me. It amazes me that there are “hunters” that are pro-wolf forcible introduction.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
CPW is not funded by taxpayers, they are funded by license sales.

I wasn't sure if they were 100% license sales, I know they are MOSTLY self funded via licenses and fees but I'm not positive if its 100%. Either way there is certainly not a tax payer slush fund pitching in to cover all the expenses associated with reintroducing wolves artificially as was suggested above. The out of state group sponsoring the ballot initiative effort has not accounted for any of the fallout expenses of their desire.

Newt, if the cpw is against the idea and they are forced to do it based on a vote then what do you call it? “Forcibly” sounds pretty spot on to me. It amazes me that there are “hunters” that are pro-wolf forcible introduction.
My reference was that "forcibly" was a dishonest characterization if it is the will of the voters. Now, if CPW doesn't want it, then yes, that's "forcibly" but that isn't the context that was used in the video as I understood it.

And I'm pro-honesty. Hunters and their support org's shouldn't have to be dishonest to win an argument. In fact, it weakens their position, and that's my overall concern.

If you have a strong argument backed up by facts and science, use it. That is not what this video is however.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Newt I can buy that. My frustration comes from the fact that we are allowing the voting public to decide matters that should be left to the experts (biologists). Someone who has no experience, background, or knowledge of wolves and their impact on the environment should not be allowed to decide if they are introduced into Colorado.

Oh man. You poor souls in CO. I’m hoping and praying that you don’t get these animals introduced. They make life really, really tough in so many aspects. Ya’ll have it hard enough with the high hunting pressure over there. This would be like dropping a nuke.

Newt I can buy that. My frustration comes from the fact that we are allowing the voting public to decide matters that should be left to the experts (biologists). Someone who has no experience, background, or knowledge of wolves and their impact on the environment should not be allowed to decide if they are introduced into Colorado.
Agreed, to a point. The citizens of the state are still stakeholders. It will affect them to some degree. Also, some folks may think that there will be tourism revenue generated by the presence of wolves (there very well may) and that will benefit all citizens of the state.

I believe in taking an honest look from every angle with a decision this big. Ours isn't the only angle, and as a group, hunters have certainly demonstrated their bias over the years as well as any group has.

Rogan, who just started hunting and is a multi millionaire, hunts on private high dollar ranches with no wolves and doesn't care.

Where's the BHA Colorado chapter on this? crickets

Rogan has been a pretty big proponent of not introducing wolves. I believe he already said some of his thoughts on his last Cam Hanes interview.

Regardless, I don’t think he’d sway the whole CO public vote. I just won’t ever understand the average person’s fascination with wolf numbers. I remember when the last American caribou herd disappeared here in north Idaho in 2017. Where were all the people up in arms over that? That was a true tragedy right there.

Okhotnik

WKR
Rogan has been a pretty big proponent of not introducing wolves. I believe he already said some of his thoughts on his last Cam Hanes interview.

Regardless, I don’t think he’d sway the whole CO public vote. I just won’t ever understand the average person’s fascination with wolf numbers. I remember when the last American caribou herd disappeared here in north Idaho in 2017. Where were all the people up in arms over that? That was a true tragedy right there.

Ive listened to Joe R quite a bit. Ive noticed he is pretty wishy washy in his view and goes to where the political winds blows and is often contradictory. He may not like wolves sometimes but I have never heard him say the introduction of wolves was a grave mistake. He's making a lot of money now and is a self admitted left wing progressive liberal ( most don't support predator ( wolf, griz control) and would never speak publicly against wolves as it would affect his income stream. His listener base is after all primarily urban based non hunters. He hunts exclusively at high dollar private ranches and the wolf issue doesn't personally affect him so he would never speak to out IMO

For the record I hate what the wolves have done to N and central Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, hunting. Montgan and Wy seemed to have a pretty good handle on wolves now if things don't change

OXN939

WKR
Rogan, who just started hunting and is a multi millionaire, hunts on private high dollar ranches with no wolves and doesn't care.

Where's the BHA Colorado chapter on this? crickets

It's possible that this is true, and he's certainly not doing the kind of hunting most guys on here are. It is definitely true, however, that Rogan is both a passionate hunter and a pretty open-minded guy, and if he made an effort to acknowledge the issue, there would be thousands of times as many people reached as the above video. It could, quite literally, change the course of events on this thing. If we as sportsmen want things to go our way in 2020, we're going to have to learn to keep company other than the NRA and Jim Shockey.

Okhotnik

WKR
It's possible that this is true, and he's certainly not doing the kind of hunting most guys on here are. It is definitely true, however, that Rogan is both a passionate hunter and a pretty open-minded guy, and if he made an effort to acknowledge the issue, there would be thousands of times as many people reached as the above video. It could, quite literally, change the course of events on this thing. If we as sportsmen want things to go our way in 2020, we're going to have to learn to keep company other than the NRA and Jim Shockey.

yep and if I wished for 25 million dollars Id be a millionaire too. (projection)

No offense but again Rogan is a self -admitted left wing progressive who enthusiastically supports Bernie ( who wants to embrace communism and ban all guns) and has only hunted a few years and he's all about his income and would never alienate his non hunting ( anti wolf hunting) urban base. But you can keep wishing. He's a multi millionaire who lives in la la land ( Los Angeles) and hunts with fellow celebrities on very high dollar ranches that cater to the uber rich. He could give 2 schits about wolves on public land , where us non celebrity common schlubs hunt, in Colorado.